46

Ash was facing Ali. Finally.

Since Maisie was spending the afternoon with Carli and Hope, the blonde decided to invite Ali over to her room, in order to work things out. Ali was the one who started talking, telling her friend how bad she felt when she found out about Ash having a daughter and not telling her sooner. Ash was taking Ali's strong words, trying her best not to cut her before she was done. Once the brunette stopped talking, Ash took a deep breath and started to apologize.

But Ali didn't want excuses.

- I love you.

Ash's eyes went wide, and she was speechless. She knew Ali wasn't finished, but it was music to her ears. It's been a while since Ali last told her that.

- You made a bad choice in not telling me about Maisie, she went on, nervousness on her voice. But I understand why you acted this way. I'm not a mother, so I can't plenty understand your behavior, or what it means to have the responsibility you have. I am proud of the strong and independent women you've become when you made the choice to raise her on your own. You're her hero, and even if you don't have any superpower, you still are you.

She made a small break, before saying :

- The truth is that I tried to live without you in my life, but it's not possible. And the more time I spend with you and Maisie, the more I want to be a part of your little family. I'm sorry for the time I needed to clear my thoughts, but it was for the best.

She took Ash's hands in hers.

- Ashlyn Michelle Harris, do you still want me as your person ? Ali asked, tears in her eyes. I swear to be trustworthy, always standing by your and Maisie's side, fighting for our love every singe day that remain in my life.

Ashlyn kissed her with passion, before pulling her into a tight hug.

- I want you to be my girlfriend, she whispered in Ali's ears.

- I'd love that.

***

Lunch time was here. Since it was one of the last, Pinoe wasn't going to miss an opportunity to celebrate it.

She was a 12 years old trapped in a 31 years old body. Almost the same for Tobin. They just grabbed some squirt guns, and entered the room while everyone was eating. Their first target was Jill Ellis - classic Pinoe. While she was being splashed by Tobin, Pinoe ran into Allie's direction. The blonde took off running the fastest she could, going outside. Pinoe literally jumped on her back, and she lost her balance. Both of them were on the ground now, and Allie was the one to hold the squirt gun in her hands. Pinoe was all wet by now, and everyone inside was laughing.

While the little joke was transformed into a big water fight, Carli, Hope, Becky and Whit were looking at their teammates from the inside. They locked them outside, so they wouldn't get wet as well. Everyone seemed to be happy.

- I have to admit, it'll be a quiet month without y'all, Becky let out, a little smile on her lips.

- Same, Hope said.

Becky and Whit were commenting the water fight, using the names in order to make things official. Some pretty funny things came out, like "and the cinnamon rolls are back at it again ! Daaaaamn Johnston !", or "maybe Pinoe and Long will finally get a-LONG." Even Carli smirked.

She then felt a cold hand slipping into hers. She looked up and her eyes met with Hope's. Her blue gaze was filled with love, and Carli felt a very warm feeling inside of her. Nobody ever loved her the way Hope Solo loved her. She whispered a "I love you", praying that the two girls in front of them wouldn't notice. But Becky was quite an observer. She turned around and winked at them. Whit, on the other hand, was focused on the battle that was taking place in front of her. Carli squeezed Hope's hand in hers, and said "I love you" back.

***

- I love this team, Sammy said.

She was in her and Sonnett's room, and Emily was lying on her bed, motionless. As an answer, she just let a little "mmh" out. Frustrated by her lack of motivation, Sammy didn't think twice before jumping on her bed and tickle her between the ribs. Emily's body immediately moved, and she let small screams out, as she was trying to resist her friend's strength. They continued for a full minute, before Sammy finally removed her hands from her body in order to put them on the bed.

She was on top of Emily now, and it was very awkward. Both girls looked at each other, and then Sammy's eyes slipped in her lips. She bit hers, before slowly leaning in. Emily, who didn't know how to react, didn't even move. She was paralyzed, not sure if Sam really meant what she was doing. She stopped halfway, and got up immediately. Emily straightened, and faced her confused friend.

Sam wasn't sure how to act anymore.

- Well, that was awkward... but kinda great, she let out without thinking.

Emily looked at her in total misunderstanding. What is happening ? Sam was obviously trying to say something.

- Whatever, Kristie is waiting for me in her room.

- Uhm, she's with Steph in Starbucks, Emily slowly said.

- Well, I meant Moe.

- She went with them.

- Whatever.

Sam went out of the room, leaving Sonnett alone with her thoughts.