chapter 1

There once was a six year old girl named Bailey. It's been a year since her dad died in a car crash so it was just her, her mom and 3 siblings. So later her grandparents decided to let her stay with them to make it easier for her mother which she still sees and talks to all the time. One day she was playing in the front yard with a little red ball when she noticed a spot of blood on the ground turning into a trail.

Letting her curiosity get the best of her and being the young adventurer she is she decided to followed it until she ended up behind her house were she found a dead dog lying in a puddle of blood. She didn't move or scream she just stared at the dog in fright. She then noticed two small puncture wounds in the dogs neck and its collar which read Buddy on it.

Suddenly she heard footsteps coming from behind her making her turn around to see a tall boy with pale skin, spiked up hair and washed out clothes which were covered in blood followed by his mouth and hands.

They just stood there looking at each other not saying a word before one of them finally reacted, the little girl screamed and started to run away until the boy caught up with her using his super speed which the girl witnessed and was astonished by what she saw until the boy spun her around, held her hands behind her back with a tight grip so she wouldn't escape and whispered in her ear "don't tell anyone what you just saw and I won't hurt you" the girl was too scared to speak so she just nodded her head and before she new it the boy was gone, suddenly she heard someone yell her name, it was her grandparents.

Her grandpa asked her why was she screaming and she pointed to the dead dog then he asked did she see who or what did it and she just shook her head. She went back inside her house with her grandma while her grandpa was burying the dog. She was just gonna watch some cartoons, but all she could do was think about that boy.

When it was time to go to bed she curled up in the covers beside her grandma and her grandpa slept in another room across the hall cause she couldn't sleep by herself. When she finally went to sleep she started to dream about the days past events with the strange boy and the blood and the dog.

The next day she decided to just stay inside cause she wondered if the boy was gonna be outside again, so she was just sitting on the couch till she heard something moving in her room so she turned the TV down and slowly walked down the hall to her bedroom and walked in to see the boy she didn't want to see. "Hello" the boy said with a straight look on his face.

"W-what do y-you want a-and why do y-you keep c-coming here" she said with a slight stutter. The boy walked up to her and keeled down to her height "I came here to apologize to you for my behavior yesterday, I don't usually act like that when i feed" the girl thought to herself 'feed, who is this guy or better yet what is he' the little girl just stared at him.

She wanted to run but something in her made her stay so she finally she spoke up "who are you, no what are you" she said with slight fear, "I'm sorry I haven't introduced myself, i'm Edward Cullen and I'm a vampire" the girl still just stood there just looking at him.

"WHAT" she screamed "shhhhhh keep your voice down" she calmed herself down and sat on the foot of her bed, "I always read about vampires but never new they really existed till now" she explained, " yea well it's not the sort of thing people are usually open with and just out of curiosity what all do you know about vampires anyway" he asked with wonder in his voice.

"Well I know you hate sunlight, you drink blood, you have super speed, you live forever, a stake through the heart can kill you and some other stuff" she explained her knowledge of the being quite well, so we'll that he looked at her in such amazement, he couldn't believe that such a young child could know so much about one creature.

Edward suddenly had different thoughts about this girl, she wasn't scared anymore, she was just talking to him like he was human like he used to be. Suddenly he looked at her " Bailey I wan't you to meet my family" he said with a smile on his face "ok she smiled back "but how are you gonna convince my grandparents they don't even know you" so he came up with an idea. He said "OK I'll tell them that I just moved in down the street and I'm sure they'll like me" he started to walk to the door and she followed.