Chapter [6]: I Know Everything

A friend to all is a friend to none.

~ Aristotle

(Tyler's POV)

Another boring day in school. Well.. since Jessie has most of his classes with me I can't really complain. I was currently at my desk, bored out of my mind and waiting for him. I smiled to myself. He wasn't known for his punctuality. But he was known for his.. no, stupidity was a rough word. He could be.. really dense sometimes.

I let out a snicker.

I wondered sometimes how could he not notice that I was in love with him? I mean, I was being careful and all but once, I'm sure a comment slipped.. not that it mattered. From that time, I didn't pay attention to what I said anymore. I could ask him in a faint voice if he loves me and he'd think it's just a normal thing to ask between friends.

But.. that's also a part I love about him. Really, those two past years were so perfect. Then he had to come back. He chose to leave! And I had to stay here and pick up the pieces because sure as hell Jessie wan't happy about it.

Was it love at first sight? I.. don't think so. We've know each other for four years. I realized I love him after one. One year later, the devil left. Two years after that we became so unbelievable close and now.. he's trying to ruin all that!

''Dreaming with your eyes open again?'' Speaking about the devil.. As he was getting his jacket off and sitting down, I let out a scoff.

''Got a problem with that?''

Once his eyes met mine, our starring contest began. We were provoking each other with our looks, defying each other. Just as usual. Who adverted his look first lost. Of course, that changed when Jessie was around but that's another story. But this time, he surprised me by being the first one to break eye contact.

''Calm down, not trying to start a fight..'' he said, sitting down in his seat. ''This time.''

I raised one of my eyebrows at this, but didn't comment anything. He just shrugged at the puzzled look I gave him, smiling slyly. Something happened? No, I am being paranoid. But just to make sure..

''So, yesterday, how was it? It was raining pretty heavily, you know?'' And you were alone with him. And I couldn't do anything to prevent that!

This time it was his turn to raise one of his eyebrows at me. ''Why do you ask?'' I almost facepalmed myself for being that stupid. It was raining, I'm sure Jessie didn't have an umbrella because he's got his head in the clouds all the time and here I am sitting here, asking him in a casual tone if something happened.

''Why are you answering me with a question?''

''Why not?'' God, I want to strangle him.

''Stephen, I'm warning you.'' I nearly spat him name, fixing him with my look. ''Tell me what did you do.'' I said sternly.

His smirk widened as he looked at me with amused eyes after he heard my threaten. I gritted my teeth. Son of a.. not taking me seriously!

''And what would you do, huh? Last time I checked I am taller and thus stronger that you.'' he ended, not giving a flying shit about what I said. I bit the inside of my cheek. By now, I'm sure anger was clear on my face and he could use that against me but I didn't care.

That's why I hate him. He's manipulative and doesn't give a shit about you if he doesn't like you. His division: Why should I help and be nice to you if I don't like you? He can be almost ruthless at times but of course, Jessie wouldn't know about all of this. He changes himself when he's around him.