Chapter [13]: Life Is Not Fair

A/N: I rewrote the end of chapter 12, the scene scene between Jessie and Stephen. So, if you want to, you can go and check it out! It's much better than the original, in my opinion. :-)

Thanks for your comment @IBeANerdInDisguise. Hope this makes you smile! :-P

~~~~~~~~

“So it's not gonna be easy. It's going to be really hard; we're gonna have to work at this everyday, but I want to do that because I want you. I want all of you, forever, everyday. You and me.. everyday.”

~ Nicholas Sparks, The Notebook

(Jessie's POV)

He started feeling me up, making me shiver. As he was placing kisses on my neck, all I could do was moan. I took a fistful of his hair once I felt his teeth piercing my skin, and sucked in a breath the second I felt him sucking on my neck, knowing where my sweet spot was.

But when I felt that his body was slowly getting off mine, that was the moment my eyes went open again.

''What's wrong?'' I asked him uneasy as I was getting up from the teachers' desk and started to scan his face. He was leaned against the desk, a rather composed look on his face.

''We can't do something like that here.'' he answered, his eyes piercing mines. Yeah..  totally forgot that we are in a classroom after all. But my teeth clenched without knowing it..

''You.. believe me right?'' I looked at him rather worried, slowly touching his hand with mine. ''What I said, you believe me.. right?'' I had to make sure. Something inside of him needed to hear the exact words coming out from his mouth.

He started at me for some seconds and it felt like an eternity for me. But when he smiled at me, that was the moment I let out a breath I didn't know I was holding. He reached for my face, titling it with his thumb. He gently kissed my forehead and I instinctively closed my eyes once I was able to feel his lips..

''Yeah, I do.'' he said after a few seconds. Relief went over me. ''God Jessie.. You are the only one who can do that. You somehow managed to convince me when.. everything was against you.'' he ended, slowly shaking his head at me but the smile never left his face. ''There's something about you.''

Oh God. Thank you.

We are in the same room, we aren't yelling at each other anymore, I can finally be near him without feeling like I want to crawl in a tiny hole and die and.. he's doing it again. He's looking at me with same eyes he did because all this started. The look he has only for me, the same loving eyes.. and I can no longer see pain in them.

I'm glad. Everything seems fine again. Even though he might still be upset, he's not showing it which means it's nothing too important. Still, I hope everything is fine again.

''You're completely sure you didn't feel anything with Tyler?'' I gave him a look the second my mind understood what he said.

He looked at me rather innocently, giving me a smirk. ''You're gonna have to repeat that to me over and over again for days.'' he informed me and I blinked at him.

I shook my head, smiling. He's the mature one compared to me, but he could be a child sometimes..

''Then, I'm gonna repeat it to you as many times as it takes.'' I said slowly, kissing his cheek to which he smiled. ''I love you and I want to be with you. Better not get sick of me.'' I warned playfully.

''That could never happen.'' he said slowly, taking me in his arms. I inhaled his scent.. ''Took you long enough to say that.'' he remarked with a smirk on his face and I showed him lightly with my elbow, making him to raise his hands defensively. I rolled my eyes at him. ''Just saying.''