Chapter 11

Surprise! Sorry for the long wait! Thought you might want to have a little anecdote about Emma's life.

Hopefully next time will be Tom's P.O.V. ;)

Nice song on the side >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Emma's P.O.V.

A cold trickle fell down my neck. I rubbed it subconsciously, still half asleep. Another one and another, they were becoming more frequent now. Suddenly a burst of whatever-cold-liquid-it-was splashed down my neck and I jolted upwards, fully awake.

My brother was standing over me, grinning evilly. A water bottle filled with ice-cold water was in his hand. So he had recovered from camp then. He leaned over me slowly and I stayed stock still unsure about what he was going to do......

"WAKE UP SISSIE!!!!" He yelled really loudly in my ear. From experience, I now knew exactly what to do in this situation. Lying so still I was barely breathing and looked visibly ill I didn't move a fibre of my being.

"Emma?" He questioned, concerned and slightly annoyed that his prank hadn't paid off; no reaction had been emitted from me.

"Emma, come on, it was just a joke, I didn't do it that loudly, hello? Emma, you're starting to freak me out now, come on,"

This last bit was said as he started shaking me violently, trying to make me speak. Tickling soon followed but he hadn't discovered my weak spot (I'm not going to tell you in case I ever meet you) so I had no difficulty in staying frozen. A worried look passed over his features and I smirked inwardly, knowing my plan was succeeding.

"Come on Emmie [an aggravating pet name he always used on me; my parents thought it was sweet so despite the fact it drove me NUTS, as a result the name stuck and passed around every family member] I only did it as a joke. It was just pay-back for the fact you had to last bowl of treat cereal while I was away so mum forced me to have porridge this morning. You can't blame me."

He thought he was so innocent. Cub Camp provided excellent breakfasts (I read the brochure that described all meals in detail) so I know for a fact he hasn't been deprived. Besides, it's not like he despises porridge, it's just the fact that when it's ready, mum mixes in banana and stirs it a lot so you get a sort of yellow-mushy-gloop that might have once looked slightly appetizing. But that didn't give him an excuse to treat me this way, hence the pay-back.

"Emmie, if you don't move right now, I'll......I'll, erm.... get mum!" The last but was said with a flourish as if that was the worst thing that could happen to anyone. I wasn't particularly bothered. Besides, he was still calling me 'Emmie', showing he had not completely fallen for it.

Time for phase two.

"Stars," I murmured, staring vacantly passed him. "Red and black dots....ah"

"Is this what happens to deaf or sick people?" My brother mumbled to himself.

"Emma, can you hear me?" He said, like he was talking to a small child that didn't speak English.

"No!" I said, scrabbling around in bed for added effect.

"No! The stars are vanishing the dots are too big! Stop it stop it!" I thrashed around in the covers. I had run out of ideas so he had better leave the room soon.

Sure enough that did the trick and my gullible, little brother ran out the room, calling for mum.

As I heard him pelting down the stairs, I leaped out of bed and got dressed. Then, I sat by my mirror and turned my curling tongs on. I soon heard approaching footsteps and the disbelieving voice of my mum going

"Are you sure love? You know Emma likes her sleep. It was probably just a nightmare. Why were you in there anyway?"

My brother muttered something incomprehensible and my mum tittered. They reached my door and the knob turned, revealing my mum and a triumphant looking brother whose face soon fell. It took a lot of will power not to burst out laughing at the shock on his face.

"Ok darling?" My mum quizzed, raising an eyebrow at my brother.

"Oh perfectly okay mum," I responded.

"In fact, I have had a really good start to my morning." I finished with a pointed look at my younger sibling whose face had crumpled and looked decidedly dejected. He stormed out, on the way silently giving me the a look that could kill but that was all I needed; laughter consumed me while my mum went back down stairs looking amused.

A few minutes later I heard her grumbling about how all this interruption had meant that the porridge for me had burned and she'd have to chuck it out. Haha! Now that is what I call killing two birds with one stone I thought to myself, as I sauntered downstairs and opened a new box of chocolate cereal. And, just to be on the safe side, wrote in permanent marker,

'Emma's cereal. Do not eat, doing so will cause serious consequences'