Chapter 8

"Sweetheart?" My dad asked cautiously.

"What's that darling? Honey, why are you shaking?" He exclaimed.

My heart pounded this boy, whoever he was, was being stalked, followed by someone named Black (which I was sure wasn't his real name.)

"Speak to me," My dad persisted.

"What's that in your hand?"

Not knowing what else to do, I silently handed the note to him. He reacted the same way I did: eyes going wide, a short gasp emitting from his throat and finally, a stunned look at me.

"What's going on sweetheart?" he croaked, though his voice was firm and demanding an answer.

"I don't know dad I've only seen this boy walking down the street before. It's just as a mystery to me as it is to you." I replied, my voice devoid of any emotion due to shock. Forget school, I though, hearing the bell ring. I was too emotionally drained to think at all at this point not to mention even venturing into the place.

People started to leave in dribs and drabs, still watching but not wanting to get involved. My dad and I, however, stayed stock still. It was like we were frozen in a crouching position on the ground by the boy. There was nothing we could do except wait. But you see, waiting was really hard for me and I didn't like doing it one bit.

"Come on," I muttered under my breath, willing the ambulance to hurry up.

"We haven't got all day, he could be dying." The words slipped out my mouth before I could stop them. I shuddered, paralysed with fright...... dying. This person in front of me, who I was helpless to assist, was dying. The reality of my words and thoughts hit me and slumped forward. My dad reacted after a second, putting his arm around me and rubbing small circles across my back. This always calmed me down, no matter what. But this situation wasn't a what, it was a who.

I gulped.

Suddenly, a noise I thought would never apply to me or anyone near me slit through the silence surrounding us.

It was the ambulance; come, hopefully, to save the day. I swung my head round so fast I got a crick in my neck. There was the sight of the vehicle, stopping just before it reached us. Men were already jumping out before it had come to a complete halt. Behind it, I now realised a police car was parking. A flash of something the medics were holding caught my eye.....

.......a stretcher.

The boy was being lifted onto it and they were taking him away. I was still frozen.

"Ma'am?" A policewoman broke me out of my reverie.

"Yes?" My eyes darted towards her. She looked around 30, though it was hard to tell, her complexion was flawless. Light make -up was applied neatly on her face and made elegant features more prominent. Her silky, brown hair was pinned back in a sophisticated bun. Overall she looked professional, smart and tidy, not a hair was out of place.  

"We need to interview you and your dad," she explained while I tried to focus 

"Can you come with me please to the station." Seeing my panicked look towards the now retreating ambulance she added, "Don't worry hon, I'm certain he'll be fine." 

Despite her words of reassurance I wasn't comforted one bit. I Still trudged after her and my dad though, into the car to go to the station.......

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Hi guys!!!! 

Please vote comment and fan!! It'd mean sooooo much. Also please recommend this story to your friends and other wattpad writers thanks ;) 

Oh and I'm going to France at 1 in the morning tomorrow for a week so it will be some time before an update till then bye wattpadians!!!! xx ;)