Chapter 16: "Epilogue"

Your POV

~Five Years Later~

October 13

I write in a journal for what seemed like a millennia. It's been a while since I've had any time to do this kind of stuff. Being (Princess/Prince) was a stressful job.

I watched my husband drag his son away from the large elm tree, claiming it was too big for him to climb. My own laughter fills the room at the thought of young Zander attempting to do it.

He was only two after all.

His older sister, Áine, shook her head and asked Zane to pick her up, to which he obliged. They played for a few minutes before looking back at me.

I was sitting on the top of a hill, recounting my thoughts and years before this happiness in my journal. Moments I only remembered as dreams.

With the war over, everyone finally smiled for once. With no trauma or danger, everyone in Ru'uan finally joined forces. And, thanks to the help of The Phoenix Alliance, we all are comrades in arms.

Zane proposed to me a month after we started dating. I said yes, not only because we knew each other for longer than most, but because of how happy he looked when I said yes.

It was definitely a royal one. Guests far and wide traveled to it. Even lord Aphmau herself greeted me at the time. She had Cadenza make me an outfit.

But I think my happiest moment was my two bundles of joy.

Áine was my daughter. She had my hair, Zane's eyes, and a smile that brought tears to Zianna. I don't know what was harder, (childbirth/the adoption process) or getting to hold my own child once my mother in law grabbed her. She is four as of today.

My son, Zander, is only two years old. He is the opposite of his sister. Black hair and e/c eyes. He likes to frown but is always excited when I read him a story.

~~~~~~~~~~

I set down the journal to find myself being tackled by my son and daughter, Zane practically racing behind them.

"Wait! Agh!"

He coughed and collapsed next to me.

"You alright?"
"I'm fine. They're too fast."

His breathing was heavy, and the children laughed at their father.

"Daddy! You're just too slow!"

Áine said, sticking her tongue out and making sounds. Zander tried to copy, but fell over on my lap before he made an effort. My smile increased as the scenario became funnier.

"You laugh now, but when I get up you're done!"
"You can't threaten your daughter Zane."
"Watch me."

He retorted and picked up Áine, holding her tightly and rolling around on the grass. She laughed for a bit, only to smack her father across the face.

"AGH!"

She had my strength after all.

Zander quickly fell asleep on my leg. His small arms circled around it. I gently picked him up and placed him in my lap before returning my attention to the fight club.

"I'm telling (mommy/daddy)!"
"They don't care!"

In a strange twist of events, it was now Áine who was threatening Zane.

Who could have guessed?

My husband had become a bit of a softie towards the kids. They almost never left his sight. And when they had to, my parents and his were both vigilant. We had few business trips to go on as of late, so it was nice to finally relax.

And when Lillith Garnet came over, Áine and Zander never stopped getting into trouble.

But this is what happiness feels like, after all.

This is peace.

And as I look at my sleeping boy, my husband and my daughter,

I'm finally happy.

----------------

The End.

Thank you for reading.