A game?

Maybe you could miss recording one video for night...work was pretty busy today with all the new releases. It was pretty busy without them, so it wasn't a cake walk at all. You gave a yawn and stretched out your arms before climbing onto the bed and crawling into the covers with a sigh. Your eyes snapped open as you heard a scream come from the bathroom, Sophia's to be exact.

You threw your sheets to the side in a hurry before running to the bathroom and slamming the door open with all your might. You saw Sophia standing on the toilet with a terrified expression on her face, noticing you she pointed to the ground a foot away. Your line of sight followed it to see a small cricket resting on the tile.

"Kill it!" Sophia exclaimed to you. You gave a slight laugh at your friends drama queen self, knowing she was terrified of bugs. You picked up a cup from the nightstand along with a junk mail card and returned to the bathroom. "What? I said kill it, not capture it!" She told you with an exasperated tone.

"Dude, we don't want to kill the poor guy." You chuckle and set the cup over the tiny cricket, carefully sliding the card under it and lifting it up with the cup. "That's bad luck. Also, they eat spiders and stuff." You opened the small window inside your bathroom and let the cricket outside to chirp the night away. A chuckle escaped you as you shut the window close and left the bathroom with a yawn.

"Thank you, (Y/N)!" Sophia called after you while you walked towards the bedroom.

"You're welcome!" You replied and felt yourself want to just drop right there and sleep on the floor. Hell, it'd sure be worth it with how tired you are. After what felt like an endless journey you finally reached your bed and did your whole bed routine, soon burying your head in your pillow and snoozing off.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~

"Enjoy your game." You said with a smile as you handed the customer their game. You noticed the clock hung up in the shop was telling you it was the end of your shift, a sigh of relief coming from your lips before your co-worker took your place. You picked up your backpack from behind the register and made your way to the exit. Sophia told you she was working over time to earn some extra money, which you would do, but honestly with the annoying prick of a boss you have you don't plan on staying any longer than necessary.

You exited the small shop to see the food court was full of delicious smelling food. It was lunch time for the mall so the small restaurants were preparing their meals for the rush hour. You pulled out your wallet to find you had some cash left to spare, a faint smiling reaching your lips.

"Some ice cream doesn't sound so bad right now," You mumble and make your trek over to the ice cream place, grabbing a bowl of ice cream with some sprinkles. You make your way to a small table with two chairs, an irritated sigh coming from your lips as you sat in one chair and left the other empty, dropping your backpack down next to you. You scooped up some ice cream and decided to eat away your loneliness, watching as families and couples ate with smiles on their faces as laughter rang throughout their conversations.

"Is this seat taken?" You almost choked on your ice cream when you heard his voice, coughing loudly while picking up a napkin and covering your mouth as you kept coughing. "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to startle you." Cry laughed slightly while he gave your back a few pats and sat down across from you. You smiled while crumbling up the napkin and throwing it into a nearby trash can, giving a sheepish laugh.

"It's okay. I didn't expect to see you again." You tried to control your smile so you didn't seem so excited, but you felt it looked weird to him so you let your joy show. "What brings you to this hell once more?" You asked while leaning forward onto the table and setting your head on a propped up hand. Ryan gave a chuckle before leaning back in his seat and shrugging his shoulders.