Chapter 16: Conference's, Secrets, and Dance Lessons

Cav has been working with me in my office everyday since Grail had stopped by, and the kids were doing their bests to get us together. Once Cam purposely brought in only one plate of food and one fork, and Cav took a bite then he tried to feed me. Not to mention they sent him up to my room when they knew I was taking a shower, and the way his eyes darkened when I had walked out of my bathroom made me want more. Then they've been making us bump into each other as much as they can.

Today though luckily I have a break since it's the parent teacher conference's. Time has gone by so fast it's already November seventeenth, I hadn't even realized we'd skipped Halloween. Every year since I knew of Halloween, and understood it I've celebrated in some way. Now I have Christmas, the kids birthday, and then a wedding coming up to prepare for.

"Bell hurry up or we'll be late," Cav called from my kitchen completely shocking me especially since he had said we'd be late.

"What do you mean we?" I yelled angrily as I stomped my way into the kitchen from my office.

"Well considering our first dance lesson is right after the conference, and I don't want you to skip out on me, I'm going to the conference with you," he told me with a smirk as he put an arm around my shoulders.

"Do you want the whole town to misunderstand? That would basically be admitting to everyone that your the quads father," I said looking him in the eyes as I saw something unrecognizable pass over them.

"Why would that be a problem?" he asked challengingly me almost as if he knew I wouldn't deny the fact that he was their father outright.

"So you wouldn't mind if people thought you were my mate, or the father of four almost fifteen year old children?" I asked thinking the shallowness that I knew Cavien had would intercede.

"If people thought I was your mate then I could do this all the time," he said before his lips found mine.

My mind went practically blank as always when his lips found mine, and I felt like they were on fire. He didn't try to pull away at once, and this time it almost felt like he was trying to portray something in his kiss. I yanked myself from his arms the moment I heard him moan in response to me unconsciously licking his lips.

"We'd better go, but you're waiting in the car," I said breathless glad I hadn't worn any lipstick that I would have to fix.

He didn't say anything as he followed me out, and I could feel his dreamy lust clouded eyes following my every move. He didn't even argue as I slid into the drivers seat, but before I could reach for me seat belt he did it up for me going agonizingly slow as he tortured me before he finally buckled me in. I shuddered slightly before I started the car. He'd been acting weird the past few days almost as if he was waiting for me to tell him something, and I was worried about what it could be.

The drive to the school was awkward as I felt Cav staring at me, but couldn't figure out where exactly he was staring. Any time I'd glance up he'd be looking out of the window as if he was just enjoying the scenery. When we finally drove into the school, I don't think I've ever felt more relieved in my life. Of course instead of listening to what I had said earlier Cav was out of the car holding my door open for me immediately as if he expected to come into the meetings with me.

"You aren't coming Cav," I said.

"Fine I won't come if you tell me what you've been hiding from me since the day after Grail left if not longer then that," he said confusing me more. He couldn't be talking about our mate bond because then he would have accused me for what I'd been hiding from him for fifteen years.