Chapter Eleven

Justin

Ana and I sat at the dining room table the next morning eating breakfast. It was Nina's day off and since neither of us were exactly chefs, we settled on bowls of Cheerios. I had a fight later on and so today was one of those rare mornings I got to just rest. Several bottles of vitamins sat in front of Ana as she flipped through a book of baby names. It was all very domestic and I smiled, watching Ana turn the pages of the book with a determined look on her face.

"What about Natalie?"

"I like it," I said absentmindedly, not even paying attention. Ana's hair was pulled back in a bun, tiny curls falling out that she pushed behind her ears. It was astounding how well she fit in this place. Her and Nina built a friendship right away and now all Nina did was gush about how sweet Ana was and how much she enjoyed talking to her. Before, this place was empty and quiet. But with Ana here, it felt a little more like home.

This was my life now. I wasn't ashamed of Ana and I sure as hell wasn't ashamed of my daughter. So I told Leo I wanted a statement put out immediately and that it was time for me and everyone else to face the truth.

Ana narrowed her eyes at me. "You're not even listening. We can't just pick any name, Justin. This child will be stuck with it for the rest of her life. Did I ever tell you my name was almost Aurora?"

I snickered. "Aurora? Really?"

"Yup," Ana groaned. "My mom really liked Disney movies okay? She was stuck in a fairytale in her mind half the time. But Grams convinced her that Aurora was too much. And that I would probably end up changing it the second I turned 18 anyway."

"So where did Anastasia come from?"

"Grams was pregnant years before she had my mom, but had a miscarriage. Her and my grandpa picked that name for their baby. My mom asked if she could name me that. You know, I've always wondered how different my mom would've been if she had an older sister looking out for her."

I nodded, "You know, I kinda like Aurora."

Ana rolled her eyes with a laugh. "Shut up. Are you nervous for tonight?"

"Why would I be?"

"All eyes are on you today, Justin. Everyone's after what you have, especially Derek Flynn." 

"God, I can't wait to wipe the floor with his face." I shook my head, picturing that dumbass smirk he constantly wore. "You're coming right?"

"Justin...I don't have to, really. Everyone's already going to be focused more on this baby tonight than your fighting so it might be easier if I stay hidden for a while."

"Ana," I leaned forward. "Everyone can go fuck themselves. They don't know about you or me or this situation at all. They just know what I tell them. All I ever hear is how childish I am, how I never take anything seriously. I hear this shit from my own team. I want you there, Ana. I really do."

"To show everyone how serious you are about being a father?"

"To show everyone how serious I am about you."

Ana looked away with a small smile. "I mean, if you really need me...." She shut the book, handing it over to me. "What do I even wear?"

I shrugged. "Sweats and a t-shirt for all I care."

"Yeah and then have the media thinking that your girlfriend's a slob." She bit her lip after she said that while I smirked. "I'm...gonna go get ready now." She stood up.