Chapter 10.

A very special thank you to my lovely friends on Tumblr, Tina619 and rrsexybeast for being so supportive of me and my story. Love you ladies! So without further ado, Chapter 10!

Chapter Ten.

*Prom*

Joe's POV.

Alright. Keys, wallet, phone. Breathe, Joe. I don't know why I'm freaking out. It's just prom, but she'll be in a dress, and her legs... Okay, Joe, you're gonna be late. I headed out to the truck and jumped in. My outfit was simple. White shirt, black pants, blue vest, black jacket, and black shoes. The blue vest was to go with Gabi's dress. She decided it'd be nice to torture me and only send me a picture of the dress. I have no idea how she looks in it, and it's driving me crazy. I hope she's having fun making me lose my mind. I pulled into her driveway a few minutes early, parking the truck and taking a deep breath before hopping out. I walked slowly up the steps, knocking lightly on the door. Travis answered, staring sternly at me.

"Come in." He said, opening the door and letting me through.

"She'll be down in a minute. You know girls." He chuckled slightly, sitting down on the couch. I sat down in the rocking chair until I heard heels clicking across the floor. I stood up and faced toward the stairs. The second my eyes hit her, my jaw dropped. The blue dress hugged her curves tightly, ending mid-thigh. Her silver sparkly heels were my favorite of hers, which she thankfully decided to wear. She walked up to me slowly, wrapping her arms around my neck.

"Hey, handsome." She whispered.

"Baby, you look gorgeous." I mumbled into her neck.

A throat cleared behind us and we turned around to see her dad.

"Curfew is midnight. No drinking, no drugs, you take her safely there and bring her safely home. Understood?" He looked sternly at me as he spoke.

"Yes sir." I replied, smiling a little.

"Picture time!" Her mom squealed.

I couldn't help but chuckle. We took a few pictures and said our goodbyes. When we walked out to the truck, I stopped her from opening her door.

"Hey, I wanna tell you something."

I said, breathing heavy.

"What is it?" She asked, cocking her head sideways.

"You know, we could leave early. I'm not sure I can control myself with you in that dress." I bit my lip.

"I'm totally fine with that." She smirked. I chuckled and lifted her in the truck.

We headed off to the old hotel ballroom they were having Prom at. When we got there, we were greeted by some friends. Gabi was talking to some girl as I talked to my friend, Chris.

"Man, Gabi looks nice." He said, looking over at her.

"Yeah, she does. I almost couldn't believe it." I chuckled.

"You got lucky, man. She's a good girl. You just remember that, alright?" He said, looking down at the ground.

"Yeah, man, thanks." I replied, kinda puzzled. I walked over to Gabi.

"You ready, baby?" I asked, leaning down to kiss her cheek.

"Whenever you are, handsome." She smiled up at me. We walked in, immediately headed to get drinks. After about an hour and a half of hanging out with some friends, a slow song came on. She pulled me out to the dance floor, holding me tight.

"I'm so happy I'm here with you, Joe." She whispered.

"I'm happy I am too, baby. I'd hate it if I didn't get to see you in that dress." I chuckled, looking down at her.