Chapter 8

A huge thank you to my beautiful friend, Tina, for all her help with this story!! Here we go!!

Chapter Eight.

My Turn.

Gabi's POV.

I woke up to a semi-dark room. It took me a second to figure out where I was. Once I saw Joe laying beside me, the memories started flooding back, making me smile. He was so gentle, making sure I enjoyed it. I wasn't his first, and I was okay with that. I'm just happy he was mine. I snuggled back up to him, slipping my arm over his waist. He wiggled around before his eyes fluttered open. He looked down at me and smiled.

"Hey there." He whispered, his voice raspy, making me shudder.

"Well hello," I smiled up at him.

"What time is it?" He asked, stretching his arms above his head.

"Uh, give me a second." I threw the covers back and climbed out the bed. I grabbed Joe's jersey, which came down to my knees, and tossed it on to cover myself.

"Hey, I was enjoying the view!" Joe said in protest.

"Oh hush you." I waved him off with my hand. I picked up my phone to check the time. 4:30. I also had about 10 texts and missed calls from Travis.

"It's four-thirty. I gotta call Travis back real quick and I have to pee, so yeah." I mumbled, starting to worry about what my brother was going to say.

"Alright. I'm gonna go start on some food. How's tacos sound?" Joe stood up, still completely naked.

"Sounds good. I'll be down there in a minute." I gave him a quick kiss and headed to the bathroom. Nervously, I dialed Travis.

"Are you okay?!" Travis immediately shouted.

"Yes I'm fine. We just woke back up. Calm down." I said calmly, not wanting him to get fired up.

"Did y'all, uh, ya know?." He mumbled. He sounded embarrassed he was having to ask.

"Uh, yeah. Yeah, we did." I sighed heavy, hoping he wouldn't overreact.

"Well okay. I'm not gonna ask anything else about that. Are you coming home tonight?" He asked. At least he dropped the sex thing.

"Uh, I'm not sure. I may just come get some clothes and come back."

I whispered. I didn't want to go home.

"Alright. You've covered for me tons of times so I'll cover for you. Don't worry about our parents." He said truthfully. I had covered for him several times.

"Alright. Well, we're fixing to eat. I'll come by and get some clothes later. Love you." I said, smiling.

"Okay. Love you too, baby sis." He hung up immediately after. I threw my hair up in a messy bun and headed downstairs to Joe. I could smell the tacos as I bounced down the stairs, automatically making my stomach rumble. Joe was humming along with the radio again when I walked in. His hair was all messy and he was just wearing a pair of sweatpants.

"Hey, baby." I said, waking behind him and wrapping my arms around his shirtless torso.

"Hey angel. Travis alright?" Joe asked, a hint of nervousness in his voice.

"Yep. If you don't mind, I was gonna to head home after we eat and grab some clothes and toiletries and spend the night, that is if you want me to." I stated, unsure if he wanted me to stay.

"I'd absolutely love if you stayed the night. I need to run to the store and grab a few things too while you're gone." He flashed that heart melting smile and I immediately felt more calm.