Chapter 2

"Babe?" he asked.

         "Yeah?"

          "Your my number one." And with that the call was over. I sat there smiling to myself, but then received a text with all of the details.

L: meet me at Smith park at the bench near the blue swingset at 4

          When what he said finally registered, I rushed home.

         "Hello sweetie!" my mom called from the kitchen.

         "Hey mom. I'm goin' out again. K?" I called, not waiting to hear her answer. I hurried up the stairs and to my room where I quickly changed from my sweats into a pear of denim short shorts and a lacy tank top to show off.

            I ran over to the bathroom and stared at myself in the mirror. I frowned at what I saw.

I was, as people say, a hot mess. The argument with Bailey really stressed me out to the point of darkened eyes and my face was red from running him. I washed my face, scrubbing hard to get my anger out and clear my pours of the stupid converstion.

How are she think to have power over me? She wasnt the Queen. I could do what I want, weather it be regular or as shrange as meeting a guy on the internet...

Oh shit... what was i doing?

I slowly curled my already curly hair and tried not to focus on how truly bizzare this situation was. I was just meeting a hot guy at the park? No big deal...

      I looked at myself again and saw how frantic I looked. I took a deep breath and applied a heavy amount of eye liner and mascara.

          When I straightened up again I almost gasped. No no no. This was over doing it. I stared rubbing the makeup off and looked back at myself. Much better...

          I looked at the clock again, fifteen minutes. I was just putting it off now. I wanted to do this... i was just scared. I texted Gabriella to distract myself.

D: Is she still fussing over the text?

          It took a while but she finally replied to the text. And it broke my heart.

G: screw you, bitch

          I almost dropped my phone, but composed myself and walked out the door quickly, before my mother could see. What was going on with these people. It was just a text from a guy they just happened not to know. It happens all the time. And who cares if i met him on the internet?... Everyone. But now my most calm and trustworthy friend was talking to me like this? This was the girl that would never pick sides when there was a fight. She literally chose both and somehow got away with it. So what was going on now?

          I texted Logam on my way to the park          .

 D: Hey, Lo.

           He replied only seconds after I hit the send key.

L: hey, babe :) i'm totally nervous to see your beautiful face in person...

            I laughed and lifted my head to look for the sign to the park. It took a few minutes but when I saw the sign it gave me hope. I don't know what for. Just a hopeful feeling. My phone blasted with Bruno Mars and I quickly picked it up.

         "Hey," I answered.

         "You here yet? I'm gettin' restless," he joked with an awkward laugh.

          "Ha. Ha," I said sarcastically, "What are you wearing?" I looked around but couldn't find a swing set or a bench. 

          "Are you implying that we have phone sex right before we meet for the first time?" he joked again.

          "Shut up," I laughed. And that's when I saw him.

           Yeah i'd seen him though facebook pictures and obscure video chats of just him us laughing, but this was a complete and udder surprise... All i could really think was that camera's really dont like this kid.

            I couldn't stop stared at the boy sitting on the park bench right next to the blue swing set. His perfect, full lips moved in rhythm with what I heard from my phone.

            "Hey, babe? You alright?" He still wasn't looking at me. The boy on the bench then rested his elbows on his knees and put on a smile that I recognized. The same goofy smile I got when I was talking to him.

             He had perfectly imperfect brown hair that lay in a workable mess on his head

          I stepped closer to him and spoke almost electronic sounding "Yeah I'm fine...it's just...I saw a really great looking guy siting on a bench next to a blue swingset."

            He caught on, looking up and around. Finally his eyes landed on me, and he smiled a warm, friendly smile.

             I was standing about three yards away, but unconsciously I must have started walking, because a few moments later I was directly in front of him.

           He swallowed nervously.

          "If it's ok with you," I said into the phone, "I'm ganna talk to him." he blushed and hung up. I sat next to him and took hold of his hand. He smiled warmly again at me and I couldn't help but smile back.

          "I can't believe we're actually meeting," he said dreamily.