Chapter 8

'I say yes, he'll be a good asset to our alliance, if not, we kill him' Aaron says

We all agree and walk in unison to the station that he is at. Fire. Crap, something I didn't learn how to do, I'll just squeeze it in before it's too late, at least some skill is better than non at all.

'We want you to be in our alliance' Masie says to him

'Okay, I'll do it. On the pretense that when you do decide to kill me , it's fast'

'Excellent, you can thank your little friend Annie over here'

'Yeah, thanks Annie'

'Your welcome Harrison' we start to walk away 'Oh and if we do find you've decided to stab us it the back I can't guarantee a quick death. It'll most likely be long and very painful'

'Yeah I'll bear that in mind'

-------------------------------------

'Your time for training is over. You will each have a private training session in which you should aim to impress the Game makers, who will mark you score out of twelve. Each training session will last 20 minutes and this is your one and only shot to impress them. As each session is private you are not allowed to reveal what you did in your training session to anybody apart from you District tribute, escort, mentors and stylist if you wish' Pacific tells us

I go sit in the canteen with the rest of the careers and wait for my session. This is going to effect my time in the arena. A high score equals sponsors and a low score mean that my chances of getting a sponsors is slim. Kieren gets called in which means I am the last remain career waiting. Harrison looks at me and mouths if I want him to join me. I shake my head. I don't want to other tributes knowing he's with us. He's our secret weapon.

I'm sitting there thinking about how I'm going to make each kill special, when my name gets called. I stand up called walk to the training room, glaring at all the other tributes on the way. I go in and stand in front of the judges in the viewing box.

'District 4, Annie Cresta, 15 years of age' I state.

'Proceed' says one of the Gamemakers who I presume is head Gamemaker. Aryell Novera; this is his third year I think.

I go to the trap station and grape the length of rope I used on the first day and throw it over one of th metal beams going across the ceiling and proceed making my trap. Once it is finished I get one the dummy's and set up to so it'll set the the trap off. Once the dummy is strung up in the air and has a knife in its chest, I throw a load more knifes, spears into its chest and an axe into its chest. I quickly grab a first a kit and cut the dummy down. I lay it on the floor and pull it all of the weapons one by one and stitch up the gaping holes that were left behind. I check the timer above the viewing box, 14:56. 5 minutes left. I decide to go to the weapon station and throw some knifes around. I stand it the middle of the room and set the target practise going. Every time I see a blinking light I have to throw a knife at it and hit it. But obviously its not that easy there are obstacles and animatrods to face. The first light that flashes is hidden in the trees on the agility course, I throw a knife and hit it. I keep going at this until the timer gets to twenty minutes and starts bleeping.

'Thank you. You may now leave' Aryell says, I do a small courtesy and leave.

-------------------------

I walk to the sitting room after having a shower and getting changed in to a pair of black skinny jeans and a white top with a smiley face on that has a slice of watermelon for the smile, and a pair of plum converse which are covered in glitter and have gems across toes and heels. I sit down on the settee between Finnick and Thernia. Kieren, Georgie and the sylists are all sat on the corner setee

'Just in time' Lavina says

'Yes the scores are about to be released' Thernia exclaims.

The TV switches on and Ceaser Flickerman read out the scores, a picture of the tribute with their name and district above it and their score below.

'Hello! I am Ceaser Flickman and yout host for the 70th Hunger Games. I bet you're all buzzin' because I know I am, the games start in under two days. But that is a discussion for another time. Back to the subject in hand. Tonight I am here to tell you the scores for the 24 tributes of this years games. From District 1 we have the lovely Winter Hall with a 9, Darrington Jarvasis, 8 and from District 2 we have the superb siblings Masie with Aaron Johan both scoring a 10! District 3 Filicity Quating, 7 and Haran Darne, 6. District 4, the close friend of Finnick Odair is Annie Cresta, getting a 10, and Kieren Daughton, 9. District 5 Josafine Laymoss, 7, Garathe Loughton a 5. All the way from District 6 is, Sarah-Jane Hayland, daughter of Victor Teresa Hayland, winner of the 32nd Hunger Games, came out with a 10 where as John Oswald was awarded with only a 5. District 7's Karanina Warlkring, 6 and Harrison Farlade earned an 8. From District 8 we are presented with another 10 from Darlia Sparks but a disappointing 6 from Wesley Gartinisha. District 9, Una McCarti, 7, Jordan Flassish brings back hope for the boys with a 10. We have a lot of tens this year. District 10 only get a total of 11, 6 from Tami Hales and George gets a 5. District 11, Sarah Ventia only a 4, Raye Attleby only got a 3 as well. These outer districters need to buck it up. But to wrap up tonights show we have District 12's Haley Young getting a 5 but Casper Taylor's score wrapping it up nicely with a 9.

Overall the average score for this year was 7.29167. The girls had an average of 7.58333. Whereas the boys had an average of 7, you boys need to buck up your ideas! Don't forget to tune in tomorrow evening for the tribute interviews and 19:30. I am Ceaser Flickerman and may the odd be ever in you favour!'

'Well done Kieren, a 9 very impressive and a bigger congratulations to Annie will a fabulous score of 10. An 11 would be better but it's not often they are given out' Thernia exclaims 'So what did you actually do?'

'Throw some daggers about, went into combat with around 30 animatrods. Just the usual' Kieren says.

'And you Annie?' Lavina asks

'I made a trap, destroyed a dummy then sewed it back up then I used my last five minutes throwing things at targets on the target practise' I briefly explain about my session.

'Marvelous!' Purple One says, though that's not a very good name any more. She's wearing pale green and baby pink.

'I don't mean to be rude but I have no idea what your names are? To me you are called Purple One, Orange Guy and Strawberry Flame. They were based on what you were wearing when I first met you' I say

'Oh it's fine, I quite like Strawberry Flame. It's Resellee'

'I'm Koree, I can't say that I like the name purple one though'

'And I am Pallton. Orange Guy, I'm going to have to say. It's not the most original name I've heard, but it defiantly describes me the best!'

 'Okay, thanks' I say

'Enough of the pleasantries, it's time to celebrate!'  says Lavina.