Chapter 18

Nicole’s POV:

“Nicole!” I heard someone shout through the house. But no matter how hard I tried I just couldn’t open my eyes. Instead I just found myself spread out in the double bed, alone, with my eyes shut tight. Trying my hardest to fall back to sleep. As right now, that’s all I wanted to do. There was no way that I wanted to face the fact of being brought back to reality. Well, not quite yet anyway.

So I soon felt myself falling back into the unknown, that I call sleep. But the one thing which was stopping me was the noise, getting nearer and nearer towards me. And quite frankly it made me a little confused. The sound of footsteps roaming around the house and coming up the stairs filled my ears. Who the hell was it? I mean Cristiano wasn’t due to come back yet…

“Nicole!” Oh look there it was again, the deep accented voice. And that was the only clue I needed to realise just who it was shouting my name. It was Mesut, seriously what did he want and why was he in the house? So with that I slowly turned my body around and faced the direction in which the voice was coming from. Opening my eyes shortly afterwards.

On opening my eyes I noticed Mesut standing at the foot of the bed in a t-shirt, hoodie, jeans and from what I could make out a pair of Nike Air Pegasus’. “What do you want?” I groaned out in frustration whilst rubbing my eyes.

But he didn’t answer straight away and when removed my hands from eyes I noticed Mesut standing there in front of me looking very displeased whilst shaking his head at me. “What’s that?” He questioned, pointing to something beside me on the beside table.

Turning my body around to the direction in which Mesut was pointing in a huff, I soon realised just what he was going on about. It was the empty bottle of vodka from last night. Oh yeah, I remember now. Well kind of anyway. But trust me, I needed it. Especially after the night I had… again. You know, with Fabio just turning up again out of the blue. And me… kissing him, again. But in my defence I did push him away and give him just what he’s needed after all of this time, a slap.

“What?” I shrugged, turning my body around again to face Mesut. Still the same look was almost plastered across his face. Not changing and from what it seemed he didn’t have any intention on doing so anyway. “It’s just a bottle of vodka Mes, there’s nothing wrong with that.”

He just continued with shaking his head at me again before taking a seat at the bottom of the bed, looking directly at me as he was seemingly about to say something. “But why vodka Nicole? I know what you’re like and you aren’t the sort to drink something like that. If anything you drink wine, not vodka. So go on, spill. Why?”

I let a sigh of frustration and sat up from the bed, resting my back on the headboard. But as soon as I got up my head immediately began to spin and I felt sick. Yes, I definitely shouldn’t have drunk that last night. It’s definitely catching up with me now isn’t it? “Look, I don’t want to talk about this right now. Can I not just have a drink without being questioned from you?” I let out, bringing once of my hands up to my head and clutching it. In an attempt to rid of the pain I was having, but it definitely wasn’t working.

“I wouldn’t be worried if it was any other drink rather than that.” He let out, again pointing to the empty bottle beside me. “It’s just strange how you’ve resorted to drinking it, especially after everything that’s happened with Fabio. If something was wrong you would tell me, right?”

I simply and carefully nodded my head in response. Trying my at most hardest not to bring myself anymore pain. But as expected and with the luck I possess, that wasn’t the case at all. As I felt myself feeling even more worse for wear than before. I do have a habit of feeling sorry for myself, don’t I?