Chapter 13

Nicole’s POV:

I woke up the next morning. My body not wanting to get out of bed but my head knowing that no matter how much I didn’t want to I had to. I mean I’m not surprised that I’m feeling this tired. I’m pretty sure that if you had to live the day I lived yesterday then you would be feeling the exact same.

Seeing the man you love out cold on the floor and not knowing what to do other is one of the most horrible things anyone can go through. I wouldn’t even wish something like that on my worst enemy. It was horrible. Something that I wish to not ever have to experience again.

But on the bright side Cristiano is fine. And that is all that matters. Well he’s not exactly fighting fit but he’s getting there slowly, and in a matter of a few weeks he should hopefully be back to his usual self. Well I hope so anyway.

I must admit, it felt weird sleeping in this bed without Cristiano last night. I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again; I’m so accustomed to him lying right beside me with his arms around me whilst the both of us sleep. Almost as if he’s protecting me from something. I mean even throughout the whole Fabio Saga I found his arms wrapped around my waist the next morning when I woke up. And I’d be lying if I said that a small smile didn’t appear across my lips each morning that I noticed, because it did. So I guess that proves just how much we care for each other, no matter what is happening between us.

Still I’m blaming myself for what happened yesterday. If it wasn’t for me going to Fabio’s like Mesut had suggested – which was an extremely bad idea – then none of this would have happened. Cristiano wouldn’t be laying in a hospital bed with a load of wires connected to him and I wouldn’t be sitting here in bed feeling horrible and guilty as to what had happened. Oh no. Instead the two of us would be here in bed, together. And trying to get over the fact as to what had happened recently between. But if one good thing was to come out of all of this then that would be that I finally know that Cristiano wasn’t making things us. As Fabio really was on a mission to break the two of us up like he admitted and quite frankly I don’t know how to feel about that.

I am not, repeat not, letting him get in the way of mine and Cristiano’s relationship. Oh no. He’s already ruined one stage of my life – recovering from our break-up – and I’m not letting him get the satisfaction of it again.

After a short while of contemplating whether or not to actually get myself up and out of bed to see Cristiano, I eventually got up. Dragging my feet across the floor I sat down in front of the mirror. The mere brightness of the sun outside shone into the bedroom through the smallest bit of the curtain. Annoying right? But I chose to ignore it.

Letting out a small sigh of annoyance, mixed with a little of tiredness, I began to start on my make up. I began trying to get ready as quick as possible so I could see Cristiano quicker. But as expected I was disrupted by the sound of my phone vibrating on the bedside table. So dropping my make up tub and brush down on the floor I got up. Before walking towards my phone. Again dragging my feet across the floor.

As I reached the bedside table I took my phone into my hands and unlocked it. A new message from Mesut appeared on the screen and swiped across the screen to view it.

‘I haven’t got training until about forty five minutes time. So I can give you a lift to the hospital instead of you getting a taxi if you hurry up and get ready? Xx’

Seriously, what would I do without this man? I immediately text back saying that I would be ready in fifteen minutes and the most etc before placing my phone back down onto the bedside table. I made my way back over to the mirror where I sat down and continued with my make up.