Chapter 7

Nicoles POV:

The dinner so far had been awkward between Cristiano and I. Neither of us had spoken a word to each other. He was still mad, mad at the fact that I had sat next to Fabio. Cristiano just needs to accept the fact that we are friends, friends and nothing more. EVER.

I continued to eat my meal but for some reason I really wasn’t hungry anymore, I didn’t want to eat. It could be the fact that Cristiano had made me so mad with how he had been acting recently or it could just be that I wasn’t hungry. Either way there is no way that I will be able to forgive him anytime soon, he is just being so pathetic and childish over this whole situation. Does he really think that I will cheat on him…with Fabio?

Turning to look at Cristiano I reached for my wine glass on the table. He looked up at me, a sign of hurt and annoyance appeared on his face as he looked at me. I do admire the fact that he cares so much, cares about loosing me but he just needs to understand that I would never do anything which would put our relationship in jeopardy. I love him and only him, he means the absolute world to me and dare I say it; I’m afraid of losing him.

“I’ll be back in a minute, just popping to the toilet.” I announced. Getting up out of my chair at the table and grabbing my wine glass on my way. Wine is the only thing keeping me sane right now. It’s helping me through this long and awkward dinner. Stopping me from breaking down due to everything that’s going on at the moment.

“I’ll come with you.” Cristiano protested, getting up out of his chair. I stopped him by placing my hand on his arm and attempting to push him down back in his chair. But it was no use, he was too strong and I couldn’t push him down. There is no way that I was going to allow him to come with me; it would only end in one outcome. A full blown argument over the fact that I was sitting next to Fabio and quite frankly I couldn’t be dealing with that right now.

“No I want to be alone.” I glared at him. After a while of me pulling a serious face at him he clearly noticed that I was being serious. So he sat back down on his chair. Sergio, Fabio and Mesut all looking at the two of us. I really did need someone to console in right now, someone to tell all my problems to. Mesut was the one person which came to mind, but there is no way that I can ask him to come with me as that will just cause another thing for Cristiano to be annoyed at me for.

I sighed and walked away from the table and down a long hallway to where the toilets were. To be honest with you I lied, I didn’t really need to go to the toilet at all. It was just an excuse to get away from Cristiano for a while, I needed to clear my head, and I needed to come up with a solution on how to sort this mess out.

I was just about to walk into the toilet when I heard someone running down the hallway behind me. It was Mesut. Great, now this is going to make everything between Cristiano and I much worse than it already is.

“What are you doing here?” I asked. “Why aren’t you back with all the boys enjoying this amazing dinner.” I finished with a sarcastic tone on my voice before rolling my eyes and looking down at the ground below me.

“I just wanted to see if you are alright. You seem really down Nicole. What’s going on?” He was concerned, I could tell by the look on his face. Right now I just wanted break down. I’ve had enough of all of this I really have; the feeling that Cristiano doesn’t trust me is horrible. He says he does but I know he doesn’t. It’s obvious.

“No I’m fine Mes, don’t worry about it. Just go back in with the boys, I want to be alone.” I lied, pushing the toilet door open with my hand. Before I even got the chance to walk inside I felt something pulling me back. It was Mesut. He had his hand wrapped around my arm pulling me back.