Chapter 10 - Lifesaving 101

I didn't like this chapter much I might rewrite it in the future buuut for now...

Vic's POV

By the time Cara and I had changed clothes and came downstairs I almost felt sober. I wasn't heavily drunk to begin with after all, but the icy water seemed to have done the trick in making me aware again. She squeezed my hand and got up to take the call on her phone. 

My mind wandered. I did love Cara; I hadn't really come to terms with it in the past few days but, now looking back, the signs were all there. I loved the way she laughed at nothing and the way she pouted when she didn't get her way. I loved the way her mind worked and that she thought so different than everyone else. I love the way that, even though her past had been ruined, she still kept a smile on her face. Both her inside and out was gorgeous.

I didn't want to scare her though. We had only just become official tonight, not even a few hours ago at that. I definitely wanted to let her know while she was... conscious. I faintly remembered the night she had told me about her father and how I had whispered it to her in her sleep, but I wanted her to know this time.

There was a bang from the kitchen sick enough to get my stomach churning. "Is somebody fighting?" I asked Tony, who glanced at the kitchen and struggled to slide Evelyn off his lap and onto the couch. I jumped off the couch and headed toward the kitchen at a fast pace, scanning the area for any signs of a fight. It seemed that the kitchen had gone still and was now staring at someone on the floor.

Cara.

"Cara? Cara!" I shouted, dropping to my knees and beginning to shake her shoulders.

"Dude she's just passed out, no big deal." One guy muttered. If looks could kill, the look I gave him would've made him drop dead. 

"She wasn't fucking drunk. Something's wrong." And that's when I noticed the pool of red slowly growing around her head. "Holy shit... TONY! START THE CAR! NOW!" I called for the only sober person and pushed my arms under her limp body, lifting her to my chest and heading to the front door. Tony took one look at the blood running down my arm and snatched the keys off the counter before taking off toward the van. I followed him out and quickly put her on the back seat on a few towels while Tony pulled out of the driveway at about 40 mph. 

"What the hell happened?!" He asked as we took off down the street. The hospital was only a few miles away, but that wasn't close enough for me. I wanted her in care now.

"I - I I don't know." I stuttered, panic creeping into my voice. The pain in my chest felt like someone had punched a hole right through it. I couldn't lose her, I couldn't... "I just walked into the kitchen and she was fainted on the ground. The back of her head is bleeding bad man. Can you go any faster?" I watched the crimson blossom against the towel supporting her head. My stomach lurched out of fear.

What if they say she's lost too much blood? What if she dies on the way there? I clutched her cold and hard in mine and noticed the nailmarks in her palm. 

With a sickening feeling brewing inside me I recognized that the smack I'd heard had indeed been her head against the tile floor.

"We're here. Go in, I'll park the van!" He shouted at me and slid one of the doors open. I scooped her frail body up in my arms again and rushed into the hospital in a panic.

"Doctor! I NEED A DOCTOR!" A few wandering nurses gave me nervous looks before one rushed at me with a stretcher. 

"Set her down. What happened sir?" She asked in a professional tone. It was more soothing than hearing my own voice, which was laced with panic. Tony appeared next to me, breathing heavily and trying to catch his breath.