Chapter 4 - Backstage Pass

Cara's POV

My head was absolutely spinning by the time the boys walked off stage. The crowd slowly began to clear out now that all of the fun was over, but Eve and I hung back a while at the barricade chatting.

"So how was that for your first concert ever?" She smirked at me, wiping the sweat from her forehead. It was now dark out and the air was a bit chilly. "Amazing! I didn't realize how much I was missing out." 

"Yeah," she went on, straightening out her top and trying to fix her hair. "But then again, you don't normally get taken by the hand and sang to by the lead singer. Twice." she glowered at me, but I knew she was just messing around. Both of us broke out into laughter. "Yeah, that was really sweet of him." I added.

"Sweet?! Did you see the way he looked at you? It was like a blind man seeing sunlight for the first time. He's crazy for you!" She almost shouted in my face. He wasn't crazy for me, that much I knew. "No he isn't," I laughed, tugging her along after me and toward the side of the stage. "We only met a week ago, there's no way. And besides" I shrugged, glancing down at my disheveled appearance. "I'm nothing special."

I knew with the comment I made and the look on her face, Evelyn was about to launch into one of her 'self esteem boost' rants, but it was truly how I felt. I was just another girl in San Diego. 

"Cara, listen here-" 

"Cara...?" It was a male voice that had called my name, one that sounded a bit lost. I glanced around for the source of the voice, only to find Tony Perry wandering around calling my name. 

"Tony Perry?!" Evelyn squealed from my side, but then calmed herself down in what seemed like an instant. I've heard all too much about Tony; he was her favorite band member.

"Er, yeah right here." I waved a hand in the air to catch his eye. His gaze went from me to the blonde at my side and lingered there. He made his way over to us while Eve struggled not to completely explode. 

"Vic got a little tied up backstage, he sent me to find you two." The man was barely able to finish his sentence before Evelyn shot a hand out. 

"Hi, I'm um... I'm...Er-" 

I let her stumble a moment more before interjecting. "Evelyn." I finished for her. It was so strange to see her acting this nervous around a guy; she was always so confident in herself that seeing her like this was almost surreal. 

"Yeah, I'm Evelyn." She murmured in an embarrassed tone. He grinned at her and took her hand. "Tony." He replied.

"Oh, I know-" she began, but was cut off by another guy bounding over to us. His hair was spiked up wildly and his face was all too familiar: Jaime. 

"We," Jaime settled next to Tony and motioned to his friend. "Are here to escort you two lovely ladies backstage to party with us." He offered me his arm, which I looped my own through with a laugh. Evelyn nearly yanked Tony's arm out of its socket as she looped hers through his own. He looked pretty nervous, but he also seemed to be having a good time. 

"Party? Wouldn't you guys want to relax after that?" I asked him as we all strolled toward the back of the stage. He shrugged his shoulders. "It pretty much is relaxing, just with alcohol and a lot of laughs." 

Backstage was just like I'd imagined; lots of metal poles, equipment, water bottles, instruments, and crew running around to pack up. Jaime and Tony led us toward the back corners where Vic, Mike, and a few of their crew were hanging out. 

"Cara!" I instantly found Vic; he was leaning against the wall with a waterbottle in his hand, looking exhausted but extremely happy. Jaime released my arm and I walked over to slide down next to him. "Did you enjoy it?" He asked, taking a long swig of his water.