Chapter 8: Cecilia

Harry and I sit on the floor across from the painting of the Aemon, both looking at each other with childish smiles on our faces as he tells me about England; his friends and family and what it was like skipping school and running all over Europe to learn how to properly tattoo from professionals. The afternoon sun lights up the room as he explains how his mom has missed me and wonders about me all time; I blush. Anne has eyes that said she understood exactly what was happening to me back then, even though I never spoke a word of it to her and I know Harry didn't either.

We hear the bells above the door chime and turn to see a haggard looking Liam enter.

"Mold?!" He says, with his eyes fixed on Harry and not noticing my presence at all "Why are you just sitting around when we've got mold in the walls?!"

"I was going to call the landlord but then i figured you ought to do that since you have the professional touch. Where you would calmly discuss and come to an agreement, I'd berate him and punch him in the face and then where would we be?"

Liam shakes his head then nods it as he considers the logic.

"That is true..." He runs a frantic hand over his face and lets out a deeply overwhelmed sigh. His eyes dart around the room. "That's a cool two thousand dollar paint job down the drain."

"We were idiots to give them two grand to paint the place anyway, we should have just done it ourselves....looks like we'll end up doing that anyway."

They exchange complaints and woes like two old women and it's amusing to watch; but I feel bad for them as well. They've jumped to the worst possible conclusion; it might not be as dire as ripping out all of the walls.

"It might not be that fucking bad, guys, just calm the fuck down a little bit. You're making me nervous." Harry laughs at me as Liam's eyes shoot in my direction. They open in surprise as though he'd seen a ghost. I smile sweetly at him. "Hey Payno."

The grin that spreads across his face catches me off guard in the best possible way; so does the fact that he grabs my uninjured wrist, pulls me up to my feet and hugs me tightly, lifting me from the ground as he does so. My body is rigid, of course, but I smile anyway. Liam hasn't seen me since before the incident; its a little amazing he recognizes me at all.

"Where have you been? Its like you disappeared for years! No one knew anything; there were so many stories." He puts me down and holds my face in his hands, staring at me, studying me, like he can't believe I'm real. It's touching and sweet, but also a bit odd; Harry hadn't reacted this enthusiastically to seeing me, and I never knew Liam cared so much. "You look beautiful, CeCe."

At this point Harry stands up, a deep scowl on his face, and loudly clears his throat. Liam tears his eyes away from my blushing and beaming face long enough to glance over him.

"She knows she's beautiful, 'Payno'." His tone is mocking and the way he stands with his arms folded across his body gives away his jealousy. "Why don't you give her some space? I'm sure she'd like to breathe."

I roll my eyes and stick my tongue out at Harry who links our hands together the second that Liam backs away. Liam just chuckles.

"Right back together again, huh?"

"Damn right."

"Not exactly..."

We speak at the same time and I turn my head, looking over at Harry just as he turns to look at me. He's confused so I do my best to look resolved; he can't possibly think we're picking up where we left off. I have too much shit to deal with to even consider the idea of having a boyfriend.

"Harry definitely still thinks he owns you."

"He doesn't think that."

"I don't think that, man! Shut the fuck up!"