The news that changed everything

I was writing my History essay when my phone started ringing. I didn't bother looking at the caller ID, like usual.

"Helllloo?"

"Hey sweetie, pop the kettle on for me? I need to tell you something once I get home"

"Sure dad, see ya in a few!"

The phone line went dead. I ran down the stairs and into the kitchen and then flicked the switch on the kettle to turn it on.

A few minutes later my dad strolled into the kitchen, looking worn out and nervous.

"Dad, why do you look so nervous?" I asked while making him his drink

I passed him his coffee and he told me to go sit down with him, I obviously did what I was told and sat down opposite him on the couches.

"What's wrong papa?"

"I'm going away on a business trip."

"That's amazing papa! When do we leave?"

"Your not. I'm going with my colleagues and they want us to focus on just work. They don't think it will be professional if you came. Their words."

"Oh..."

He took my hands in his "I'm sorry princess. I'm going to get packed, leaving in two days. We'll sort things out later"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

This will be the new story, as you got MOB&TS to 20K!! (Thanks for that BTW! Going to be getting a special chapter out soon for that one 😏)

First chapter of many! The chapters will start out short, just a warning. Every Saturday I will upload on this story.

I haven't got a complete plot for this story, so it may be cliché, but maybe not. I'm going to need a lot of feedback on this story though. Started writing this in Junior school (Year 5/6 in England, I have no idea what grade and stuff that is in different counties) and then wrote the exact thing onto Wattpad when I made the account.

Comment and Vote!