We the People Free the People

“Where?” I asked Emily, who watched as the knaves retraced their steps, still looking for us.

“That large clock tower. It’s only a few blocks away,” She stated.

“Big Ben?” I asked. “How could their Head Quarters be in Big Ben?”

“There’s an underground tunnel that leads to it. Go inside one of the antique shops and there will be a trapdoor on the left. Make sure the shopkeeper doesn’t see you, then go down. Continue on straight for about three minutes and you will be there,” Emily said.

“Okay,” I began," we’ll head out right when those villains get out of our way."

And as if my dream came true, the knaves caught site of two stragglers and ran off.

“Le’s go,” Kyle said as he took off down the street.

Emily and I sprinted after him, and Ches floated towards the antique shop that was nearby.

When we got inside, I was struck by how dark the room was. It was cold and musty, and smelled as if something had… died?

“’Ullo?” Kyle said.

“Shush! We go in, and come out. Remember, don’t let the shopkeeper see you!” Emily whispered, going over to a heavy trunk and pushing it out of the way. Underneath it was a trapdoor, just as Emily had said.

Just as Emily was about to lift it, a loud SCREECH erupted from somewhere in the room.

“WHO DARES TO MOVE THE CHEST?!!?” Something asked. Its voice sounded like a mix of nails on a chalkboard, a dying cat, and a blade slicing up some food.

“What is that?” Ches asked, his smile turning to a worried O.

“The shopkeeper! Let’s not dawdle, she’s coming! Go! Go!” Emily lifted the trapdoor and clambered in, as did Kyle and Ches.

“Vivian, what are you waiting for?” Kyle hollered. “Come on!!”

I was about to race into the trapdoor room when I felt something bumpy and slimy grab onto my leg. It yanked my leg, causing me to fall over.

“VIVIAN!!” Emily and Kyle screamed.

I cried out as I felt several sharp pains shoot through my leg.

I tried to roll around to get the thing’s grip messed up, but the creature only held on tighter.

I looked to my right, seeing the Vorpal blade only inches away. I reached out to grab it, but something that looked like a tentacle batted it away.

I grunted and managed to roll over to see my opponent. I was shocked by what I saw.

It was what looked like a giant jellyfish that was about 2 metres high and 5 metres wide, and it had hundreds of tentacles pulsing out from under it. On the very top of its head were three beady black eyes, and it opened its huge black mouth, waiting for me to be pulled in.

“Kyle give me your dagger!!” I screamed as the tentacles pulled me in closer and I felt more and more sharp stabs of pain in my leg.

I heard a THUNK and found Kyle’s dagger, right beside me. I gripped it and pulled it out of the floor, where it was embedded. I struggled to sit up as the jelly-monster pulled me closer, closer, but when I was near the edge of its mouth, I used all my strength and slashed the monster’s thick tentacle off. I scrambled to stand up, and when I did, I burst to the trapdoor. The jelly-beast lashed out again with another one of its harsh tentacles, but this time, it only managed to slice my cheek. I opened the trapdoor and scrambled into the room below, collapsing on the dirt floor.