From Another View

Chapter Twenty-four - From Another View

I marched into the library with tears pouring down my cheeks and a piece of paper crumpled up in my left hand, in search of Jessica. I rubbed the tears away with my free hand as I perceived her on the same chair she sat on yesterday.

"Jessica, you gotta believe me," I sobbed. "I didn't make it up." I sniffed before wiping the snot running down over my lips. She sent me a half hearted smile before gathering her things and leaving, followed by the blonde haired girl and the guy with the almond eyes. They both patted my shoulder before they passed. Sarah came towards me.

"For the record, she believes you." Her smile was genuine and she gave my hand a gentle squeeze. "I believe you too."

"Tell me what happened. Why is she not with the others?" I was aware that I sounded extremely desperate but Sarah shrugged in response before she left.

I took a seat on the chair she vacated, shrugging my bag off my shoulder and flattened the crumpled up piece of paper on the desk, smoothing out the creases. I re-read the paper:

STRIKE TWO For The Murderer

Tanzanite, a former member of The Circle (a popular group), strikes again as her jealousy is limitless. The girl responsible for Ashley's death has done it again. Thankfully, no one has been harmed but it seems she is breaking the group apart one by one. Two down, four to go.

Recently, Jessica has been absent around the remaining members of the group. Jessica had taken a heart shattering decision to stay away from the group after breaking up with her boyfriend, Jay, due to Tanzanite's manipulative ways. Tanzanite had devised a plan to break the two apart, unable to bear the happy couple.

It is suggested that everyone is careful around her as she's currently unstable and may strike again at any time.

I gritted my teeth as I took the paper in my hand and tore it into pieces. They make it sound as if we were never friends - what's with all this 'member' stuff? Who would even write such a thing? It's just so horrible!

*Jessica's point of view*

I couldn't take it anymore. Hannah had gone way too far with the news letter. Anyone could tell it was her behind it. It's really disgusting. Everything she's doing, I mean. She won't get away with it if I have anything to do with it.

"Hey guys, I've just gotta do something. I'll catch up with you all later, okay?" I said as we exited the library into the play ground. My gaze was fixed by the training cage where Hannah and the rest of the 'members' stood, if she's going to call it that. It's just so frustrating. "Oh, and Emma, can I have that news letter please?"

"Yeah sure." I turned towards her in time to see her blonde, glossy hair fall over her face as she unzipped and dug into her bag. Moments later she handed it over to me. "Here you go."

"Thanks." I headed over to the 'members' without responding to their goodbyes.

They stopped talking as I approached and stared as if I was a foreign species. To think I thought they were my friends.

"What do you want?" Hannah sneered. Trust her to be the one to speak like the others were just her minions and act on her every command. If I hadn't known them, I'd think they didn't have the ability to think for themselves now.

"Don't gimme that! What the hell is all this about?" I threw the newsletter but it just hit me back In the face. I caught it and stuffed it into her hand, ripping the side a little. "Why are you being such a bitch? What did Taz ever do to you?"

"What makes you so sure that it was me?" She raised an eyebrow.

"Because only someone like you is capable of steeping this low. Especially after what you accused me of when it was none of my fault. He cheated on me!" I slipped my hand in bmy right pocket, where my phone was placed.

"Oh whatever!" Hannah yawned, smirking at me. "So what if it was me? Not like you can do anything about it!"

"You are just disgusting. You all are!" I glared at all four of them. "I thought we were all friends, but you make it out to be some sort of game. Members? Really? We're all members now, are we? What has Taz ever done to you anyway? It's plain cruel!" The anger was building up.

"It's plain cruel," Hannah mimicked me. Serenity cowered away behind Hannah, while Jasper and Jay stood either side of her with bored expressions on their faces. "So? What. Are. You. Gna. Do. About. That?" She stepped forward and poked me after each word.

"Ow, don't do that!"I rubbed the spot on my chest she poked. "You know, this." I waved the paper over her face after snatching it from her hand, "is classed as bullying? You better stop bullying Taz or I'll report you to the princapal ."

"Why are you even defending her, Jess? She's the reason you broke up with Jay and you're friendless right now," Serenity whispered with a wavy breath.

"Actually, for your information, Taz did nothing but tell me the truth and the reason why I broke up with Jay was because of him and no one else." At that point I gritted my teeth and squinted at Jay. I saw his Adams apple bob up and down as he swallowed hard. He didn't reply though. "And I am not lonely actually. I've got friends, you know."

"Oh, that's right. You're friends with the school rejects," Hannah spoke up. I managed to catch Jay send a warning look towards her.

"You know, I'm more ashamed of the rest of you guys. I mean, I'm not surprised Hannah's like this but you three. Jay, you were Taz's best friend and you're hanging out with someone who is slowly breaking her? Are you that heartless that you don't care about your own best friend? And you, two, how can you even spend time with someone like her?" The three glanced at the floor.

"Oh, like you're so concerned about Tanzanite. I don't see you spending time with her. Avoiding her, are you?" I furrowed my eyebrows. What is wrong with her? She is completely heartless.

"Argh, shut up Hannah. This is my last warning, do something like this again to anyone and I will report you!" I turned on my heels and stomped off towards registration class just as the bell rang. I took my hand out of my pocket, causing the voice recording to stop, automatically saving afterwards.

"You'll get nothing out of defending that thing, watch your back!" I heard Hannah shout after me. It was comforting to hear Jay fight the corner for me which I hadn't witnessed in a while.