1. The circle

hey guys... so this story is just an experiment 

hope you guys like and comment please 

--------------------------------------------------------------

Chapter One - The Circle

I descended down the floor boarded stairs, skipping into the sweet infested aroma of the kitchen where Mum was baking cupcakes. Upon skipping into the Kitchen Mum twirled around, cake mixture smothered over her face and apron. Even with her messy self, her beauty still shined through with her long, silky black hair, a healthy body and her rounded face. Many mistake her for my sister and although this doesn't bother me much, it still feels weird.

"How's my beautiful daughter this fine morning?" Her unusual grey eyes glistened at me. 

"I'm great Mum. What are you doing baking cupcakes seven O'clock in the morning with pink heels on? That's just wrong." I commented. 

"I'm very well too, thanks for asking," she sang. 

"Why are you so happy today?" I pulled out a chair and sat down on it.  

"Oh, you remember Joel? Well, we had such a great time last week that he's asked me out again. We're going out this evening if you're okay with that, honey." She danced around the kitchen, a bowl in her hand as she held the wooden spoon up to her mouth, preparing to sing again.  

"Of course Mum, go ahead. You deserve to be happy, just don't get too drunk and come back by midnight please." Mum is usually an organised and responsible person but when she's in the drunken state she's beyond a nightmare.  

"I love you, honey." She planted a kiss on my head and attended to her cake duties: taking out a fresh-baked batch of cakes from the oven and then putting another batch in its place. 

"My God! How many have you made?" There were already three plates of cakes on the table, two plates which were decorated and the other just being set to cool down.  

"Oh leave me alone, you know I like to bake when I'm happy. I've done it for the sixteen years of your  life!" She glanced at the clock, "you better go before you're late for school." 

She handed me a box, which had my pack lunch before averting her attention back to her cakes.

"Bye Mum, have fun with Joel. Don't forget you have a job!" I joked, knowing that Mum hated when people ordered her around hence why she owned her own car-selling business. She hired Joel a year ago when he showed the skills of a confident business man. His CV impressed her almost instantly, then when he showed up to the interview he didn't fail to impress her even further. Within weeks of working, he'd sold over fifty cars.

A warm breeze brushed against my face and blew my own black hair behind my shoulders, the warm sun gleaming down at me.  

"Are you gonna stand there forever?" My next-door neighbour called out as he exited his house. He jumped over the fence which separated the two of our houses and strides over to me. His short, brown hair moved against the wind as he shifted from one leg to another. He swung his large, muscular arms around my shoulders which caused my heart to race faster than necessary.  

"You look good today," he commented as we walked along the pavement. His sea-blue eyes, which sometimes looked green depending on the lighting, briefly looked over my fitted white shirt accompanied by the yellow and green tie and then the black trousers I was wearing; also known as the school uniform. I am almost identical to my mother with the exception of my eyes being hazel. 

"Jay, you always say that!" I slapped his arm, playfully. He didn't mean anything by it though. I know this because he's my best friend. 

Jay and I weren't always best friends, although he's always been my neighbour. We went to the same primary school and we hung together alot back then because if either parents were busy, we'd be left in the others house but when we got to secondary school we both went our seperate ways, for about three years. We'd talk here and there at school or around our houses if we saw each other but nothing more than that. It wasn't until two years ago that our friendship group naturally merged together and from there, we became best friends.