Chapter Three

Beep. Beep. Beep.

"Who are you?" Niall asks the person he sees right beside him, watching him like a dog guarding it's owner. Niall's still in the hospital but Kevin wasn't there with him this time. He didn't know who the person was at first but as soon as his gaze fell upon the person he figured out who it was. It's the girl he had been looking for.

She then answers "My name is J, You must be Niall. From One Direction. Am I right?".

"Yes. Indeed that is me" Niall answers back with a grin. He suddenly feels all warm and happy inside. He finally knows her name.

Curiously out of nowhere Niall asks "Not to be a bit harsh but why are you here?".

Then the girl replies "Oh! Uh... I saw you following me yesterday after school. And I just wanted to say that I'm okay. I know you feel the need to protect me Niall but I assure you. I'm okay" J stops and smiles. J seems different from when he first saw her crying on the street. She looks happy now. She looks absolutely beautiful when she smiles. Then he was thinking that maybe he should ask her about her being in The Diamonds. But it was too early to ask such a thing as that. They just met. He was still really curious though. "So, would you like an apple?" Niall points to the fruit bowl. She giggles at Niall "Sure."

* * *

She disappeared.

When Niall fell asleep and woke up again he saw that J had left He was again alone at his hospital room. He looks around to see no one except for a piece of paper stuck to a half-eaten apple. A letter that says:

Dear Niall,

I'm sorry to be leaving so early but I really had to go. I would be in trouble with my dad if I didn't leave. It would be such a sHame if I didn't get to meEt you again. HopefulLy, we can get to Personally know each other Mr. Horan. Until we MEet again.

Take Care,
J.

Wait a minute, why are some of the letters written in bold capital letters? Can it be? A hidden message? Aha! This letter is coded! Niall figured it out after noticing the letters that were slightly darker than the rest. The letters spelt into something. It said HELP ME.

He finished decoding the message when a nurse came to his hospital room. A man who probably in his late twenties. The nurse doesn't say a word yet continued to inject a substance into Niall's dextrose. That made Niall wonder what it was that he was injecting. "Excuse me? May I ask what you're injecting into my dextrose lad?" Niall asked. No answer. He just continued to inject the liquid into Niall's dextrose. Niall knew something was off. Niall glancing at the side of his bed notices the bottle's label. It was poison! He immediately, in panic, removed his dextrose from his hand and pulled it out. "Who are you?!?! Why are you putting that in me?!?! What the hell do you want?!" shouted Niall. The man noticing Niall's finally caught on tried leaped out the door as fast as he could. But Niall had the opportunity to grab his shirt which revealed a tattoo of a Diamond on his back.

Is he from The Diamonds?  Or is that just a coincidence?

With Niall still distracted from the thought of this man being one of the Diamonds, the man got out of his grasp. But why would he be after me?  Niall thought. Is it because J was with me earlier?  Niall was filled with anger and fear. Anger because somebody just tried to kill him for no reason and frightened because he possibly  might die trying to save J.

*

Niall was taking a bath in his hotel room. Laying in the bathtub, something hit him again. Another idea ran through his head. Remembering the article he read that the investigator gave. The Diamonds meet at Sunrise Hotel, every Wednesday. It was Wednesday today! He could go to the hotel and see what kind of messed up society they were running. Niall calls Kevin immediately.

Niall sets off with Kevin in search for the Sunrise Hill Hotel. They searched for hours all over Beverly Hills but found nothing. This was getting hopeless. But hope still finds its way and helped Niall. When Kevin parks at a nearby gas station to get some coffee Niall sees a building with a huge figure of a sun just by the distance. Could that be the hotel they had been looking for? Niall gets into the limo and tells Kevin "Hey Kevin, drive me to that sun"

They reach the hotel only a few minutes later. Niall goes to the hotel's lobby while Kevin waits outside. The lady behind the check-in desk there says to Niall as he walked in "Welcome to Sunrise Hill, Are you going to check in?"

That was weird, wasn't this hotel abandoned? It doesn't look abandoned at all. Noticing her expression. She might know who Niall was. He just then said "Oh no, just looking around".

Niall sees the lady speak to someone on the front desk phone and after only a short moment later, a man with a long black coat arrives with a symbol of a diamond in his coat just plastered nearby his chest. Next to him was--It was J! So it is true. She is one of The Diamonds. This must be her father, the leader of the society. They approached the lady at the counter and did of what looked like a hand sign and put it in one of their eye as if looking through it like a telescope. The lady then--with no expression on her face--lead J and her dad inside one of the rooms in the hotel and they both disappeared.

Before they went in, J noticed Niall and mouthed the words [what are you doing here? ]  and Niall mouthed back [to save you]  after they vanished. Niall was planning to go inside that room. But he shouldn't go alone. So, he called out Kevin to go with him. He taught Kevin the sign he saw that J's dad did. They both went to the check-in desk wearing glasses and wigs as disguises. They both do the sign and both got in without any problem. What they see inside is most disturbing. It was the ritual they were talking about in their article. It was a whole room filled with people chanting the words Annuit Coeptis  meaning Annual Conception. In front of everyone in the stage were thirteen ladies. It must be representing the thirteen colonies of the Diamonds  history, Niall thought to himself.

They strip these girls off their clothes and used them like rag dolls. Niall was really bothered by it. He was so innocent about seeing this kind of stuff even though he knew what they were doing. Even Kevin by his side had his jaw wide open. After is the Blood Compact. They slice the palm of these ladies and a drop of each of their blood was put into a cup filled with wine.

The guy earlier, which Niall figured was J's dad went to get the cup and held it high--almost praising it--then people were cheering his name out, J.D. Diamond. That was his name. He took the cup of blood and wine then drank it. He announced then after "This represents the Immortality of Life! The fresh blood from these thirteen deflowered females who come from the Diamond Bloodline is what makes this society strong. They are what makes us reign for eternity!" They all cheered in sync.

Niall thought: Why would they do this kinds of things to these ladies--who were once virgins--and take their dignity away from them? Why do they even have this kind of thing? Is this even legal? Why treat this girls like-- "Shit!" Niall accidentally shouts his last thought out loud, he was so angry he couldn't control his words. "What is your problem young man? Wait...You're that guy from that band, am I right? Well, this isn't the right room for Celebrity Diamonds. The Celebrity Diamonds are meeting at room 566." J.D. Diamond says to Niall from the stage. Niall just nodded his head and left with Kevin. "Do you think they noticed we aren't one of them?" Niall asks Kevin as they were walking back to the limo. "I don't know and I don't want to be near here to find out" Kevin says as he sped off.

-------------------------------

OMG! That was stressing to read right? But it gets exciting doesn't it? And I have a lot more planned for J and Niall (Jiall ). SO.. Wait for that in the next chapters. (Oops! I just gave out a TEASER again) Anyways. Make sure you VOTE on this chapter and the other chapters if you haven't and FAN me too!

So yeah.. Love you all!

I LOVE YOU All! Stay Weird. Stay CRAZY! Stay You. \(^.^)/

(c) lethalberry. 2013. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED