Chapter One

Niall curiously walked around the LAX Airport to look for the departure gates to get his bags but by the time he reaches the exit doors he is immediately attacked by a huge crowd of Directioners waiting for him to arrive. He took a few pictures and signed a couple of autographs for them before he tried to look for Kevin, a limo driver, Niall and the boys met him when they all flew to Los Angeles for their last month's concert tour. He scanned the crowd looking for any sign of him. After a few seconds of searching he found him by one of the exit doors holding a huge sign that says Niall Horan. Niall approached him with a huge grin and said "KEVIN!!" whilst holding his arms out for a hug. Then the really buff and tall limo driver went in and dove into Niall's arms like a child wanting so terriby to hug its mother and said "Oh man! Niall I missed you, you little rascal!"

Kevin had nice blue eyes--almost like the shade of the sky--he looked like a model rather than a limo driver.

Kevin and Niall then drove off to the Palm Wood Hotel where Niall was staying for his two-month vacation. His room was on the ninth floor so it was a doozy just looking for it. But alas! At room 904, he arrived. As Niall and his suitcases made it's way through the hotel room, Niall was only bothered by one thought. He was hungry, really hungry. He remembered that he had one last meeting today with students from Midway High before he can settle his face into a meal. It was the last meeting he had to do before he can finally enjoy his vacation without any disturbances.

But Niall's hunger got the best of him. He decided to order from the hotel's room service. He calls the room service number from the phone beside his bed and orders a plate of fries with a double cheeseburger. It arrives only about a short moment later and he practically inhales the whole thing immediately. "Burgers from America just hits differently" Niall sighs and pats his stomach. Now he was ready to go and meet a few fans and high school students at Midway High.

He heads down to the hotel's lobby to meet up with Kevin so he can take him to the school where he was supposed to do a meet and greet. As Niall was waiting in the lobby, he sees a huge crowd forming just outside the hotel. He smiles and waves at the screaming fans along with a few other flashing cameras. The crowd outside screamed as Niall waved at them.

When Kevin arrived he easily guided Niall on his way to the limo without any problem passing through the huge crowd. Kevin was a very big and muscular man. He had no problem navigating Niall through the clusters of people.

* * *

Midway High was about an hour and a half drive from the hotel where Niall was staying. So, he had time to text the boys and mess around with his fans on Twitter. He decided to play a prank on them. He tweeted: "I'm no longer coming back, I'll be staying here in Los Angeles for the rest of my life"

After just a few seconds his phone beeped like crazy from tweets coming from Directioners who we're losing their heads. They we're going crazy!

He chuckled at what was happening. Then immediately tweeted another tweet which was now obvious that the other one was a joke, he tweeted: "Unless, YOU run off with me"

Suddenly, the whole fandom calmed down, It was just like nothing happened and this made Niall chuckle even more. He glanced outside the car's window wanting to admire the view of Los Angeles.

He sees a girl walking by. This seems to have caught Niall's eye. She has long brown hair and was wearing a burgundy colored sweatshirt paired with some white skinny jeans but she looked as if she was crying. She was walking hurriedly as if she was in a hurry to get somewhere.

He felt sorry for whatever is making her cry. She looked as if she was his age or a bit younger. But why was she crying? He thought. He feels the need to comfort her.

Niall's mind got engulfed with thoughts on his way to Midway High.

Who was she?

Why was she crying?

Why am I being so affected by a random stranger I saw on the street?

Suddenly, a man who looked like he was in his thirties dragged the girl in the alley nearby and they both disappeared through the darkness. The last thing Niall saw after they vanished was the girl being slapped in the face by that horrible man. Niall tried to shrug the horrible thought of what could be happening to that girl right now. It wasn't his business to spy on the girl's life like that but somehow he felt the urge to come run out of the car and help her.

*

Niall arrived at the school a few minutes after. Unsurprisingly he finds, yet again, a huge crowd of teenage girls waiting for him to start the meet and greet.

A small table was set-up in the middle of the quad of the school with Niall's name written on a banner on top of it. I was almost the middle of the day and it was getting pretty warm outside but it was just right.

*

Niall already signed more than fifty autographs and taken pictures for about an hour now. He was exhausted, a few more will do, then he's done. Besides, it was fun getting to know and meet screaming girls in tears and making them smile just by the thought that finally they could meet their idol. Niall-- done with the meet and greet-- stood up from his seat to leave when surprisingly he sees the girl in the street again. But this time with a much clearer vision of her face. So, she must be attending this school. Seeing her again, he finds her quite stunning. In fact, she was beautiful. But one more thing catches Niall's eyes. The huge bruise just across the poor girl's face.

Niall wanted to introduce himself to her. He got up out of his seat and was about to come to her. When she notices him coming her way she immediately took of. Niall quickened his pace hoping to catch her, when he reaches the school hallways, she disappeared. That was weird. Niall thought to himself again: Does she know who he is? If not, why was she avoiding him?

Who was she?