Tainted Love {11}

"Green Tea for Darren, Cookies and Cream for Noel and Caramel Cone for me." I said as I took the three Haagen-Dazs ice cream from the freezer.

    "And Mint Chocolate Chip for me." Lance adds.

    I grabbed the Mint Chocolate Chip from the freezer and placed them in the cart.

    "So, what's next?" I asked him.

    "Tortilla chips." he replied.

    I headed over to the chips aisle and grabbed a family size Tostitos chips and a large jar of salsa.

    "Ehhh?" I said, shaking the bag around.

    "Eh." he replied with a smile.

    "I feel Canadian." I said as I placed the chips and the salsa in the cart.

    "A really cute Canadian." he compliments me with a flirty smile.

    "So, did we get everything we need?"

    "Um...yup. Chips, soda, ice cream, tortilla chips with salsa, pudding. We got everything."

    "Great. Let's go to the cash register and buy all this stuff."

    We headed over to the cash register and as Lance places the stuff on the conveyor belt thing, I realized something.

    "Oh, I'll be right back. I forgot that Darren told me to get him a Kit Kat bar." I said.

    I scurried over to the snack aisle and snatched the large Kit Kat bar from the shelf.

    I walked back the cash register and found Lance already paying for all the stuff.

    As I walked towards him, I spotted the cash register girl, hand him a small piece of paper. She gives him a flirty smile as Lance gives her a wierd look.

    "Hey, I'm back." I said, placing the Kit Kat bar on the conveyor belt thing.

    I took out my wallet and pulled out a 5.

    "Here, let me pay." he offers me.

    "No, no. It's fine. I'm gonna force Darren to pay me back anyway." I said.

    Lance gives me a smile as the cash register lady gave me change. I grabbed the Kit Kat bar and walked out of the store with Lance.

    "So, I saw you getting something from her." I said.

    "Oh...um...I got her number. I swear to God, Tara, she just handed it to me and asked if I was single. I didn't ask her for her number." he says, starting to panic.

    "It's cool, Lance. It's all cool. Cash register clerks these days..." I said, shaking my head.

    As we walked past a garbage can, Lance crumples up the piece of paper and throws it in the garbage can.

    "Ouch." I said.

    "Hey, I don't need a girl's number. I have you." he said, smiling.

    Even though I still can't believe I have to marry the biggest player in the whole country, I think he's being sweet.

    Believe it or not, he's making me blush a little.

    Yes ladies and gentlemen, Tara Chandler is blushing.

    "Okay, since we got everything, let's head back home." Lance says as soon as we got into his car.

    When we got out onto the road, I drummed my fingers on my knee to the fast beat of Moves Like Jagger by Maroon 5. Then, I started to hum along with it.