Chapter 2: Day 6570 - Drefan's POV

"Mom, this is the last time I say this. I. Am. Not. Going. To. The. Gala." My mom and I have been having this argument since ten minutes, the thing my parents never understand is, I'm so done with going to their fancy dinners and galas.

They've been practically forcing me to go to every single party they're invited to, they really are convinced that I'll be taking over dad's position when I finish my studies, they have no idea that there is no way in hell am wasting my life on such shit. It's just, believe me when I say that my parents only raised me for their benefits.

As I was staring at the sunset, I wondered why on earth was it so hard to put up with all this wealth. Most kids would flaunt it, guess I was just not most kids. It always made me feel grateful when I thought about the other kids who managed to pull a smile even when they were suffering from starvation, or like had no parents, and always felt shameful whenever I complained about simple useless things.

Just when I thought my mom dropped the issue, I started walking back to my king sized bed, but my mom being her usual stubborn, annoying self opened the door, again, without knocking, again.

"Drefan, you have to go. It'd be good for our company's reputation." Will this woman ever give up? I sent her a glare, thinking when will come the day that I'll see a genuine loving look one her eyes.

"Mom, look at me." I started, walking to her and stopping about two feet away from her.

"Do you see anything that hints me caring about the company's reputation?" She opened her mouth to speak but didn't get the chance to.

"Nope, never did, and certainly never will." I answered on her behalf in a final tone.

"Get out of my head, you're really bugging me. Leave me the hell alone." I gently pushed her out of the room and closed the door.

Victoria never acted like most mothers do, and so I wasn't the most obediant son.

I started walking to my book shelf, Ugh, this summer vacation is sure going to suck.
Grabbing Mitch Album's book, "The five people you meet in heaven", I walked back to my comforter, wore my glasses, and started reading.

About half an hour later, I closed the book and decided to take a walk. I grabbed my phone, keys and wallet, and walked out of the room.

Walking down the stairs, I hummed to Skyler Greys song, "words", and practically jumped down the last two pairs of stairs.

I jogged to the door, opening the door handle, I heard my mom's heels click and quickly tried to open the door. Locked. Ugh, this door was never locked, whats with my luck?

"Where do you think you're going, young boy?" My mom, asked. Placing her hands on her hips and glaring at me disapprovingly.

"I don't know and I don't care." I deadpanned.

"Whats with your attitude, Daniel? Your dad and I work hard to satisfy your dearest needs and thats what we get?" She looks at me, and for a second I fool myself into thinking that she is just being motherly and wants the best for me, but quickly shake my mind out of that thought.

I twist the keys into the lock and mumble a "yes" before I walk away.

I drive through Las Vegas' massive streets, and find myself stopping at some small bar downtown.

The bar doesn't have much cars parked which is great. The security guard doesn't ask about my ID, which if you ask me is not too smart of him. I'm illegal, even if I look older than most guys my age, it isn't right to just letting me in.