Chapter 5

Chapter 5: Friends

*Edited*

‘Why do I have to have English every day?’ I cursed to myself as I walked up stairs to Mr. Ryo’s classroom, don’t get me wrong, Mr. Ryo was a great tracher but I didn’t want to see my English partner. Kagami Taiga. Let me just say that I saw a side of him that I wish I could just up and forget about. Unfortunately for me, I don’t have the tool from men in black that can erase memories and I’m stuck with the scene in my mind.

“Hello Oboro-kun” Mr. Ryo greeted as I walked into the empty classroom. In return I waved with a forced smile; I really didn’t want to be in school today, I just wanted to be in bed and listening to music.

“Oboro-kun is there something wrong” Mr. Ryo inquired, his brows furrowed together

“Nothing sir” I replied with my notepad, “I’m just having an off day.”

“Well, if you need someone to talk to I’ll be free unless you rather talk with one of your friends.”

“What friends?” I asked frowning slightly at my teacher

“Isn’t Kagami-kun your friend?”

“He’s anything but… Anyways I appreciate that you’re worried about me, but I’m fine Mr. Ryo.”

“Whatever you say Oboro-kun, but as I said, if you need an ear I’ll be there for you.”

“And I thank you for that sir.” Sitting down at my desk I pull out my iPod and select shuffle, letting the large variety of music cress my ears with their beauty. 
If you couldn’t tell by now I loved music, it was my life, my voice ever since I was little. It let me express myself without having to use words; instead I could use sound to relay my feelings. While sitting in the semi empty classroom I felt at peace seeing as Mr. Ryo wasn’t trying to talk to me and just left me to indulge in the sounds of expression and emotion.

Resting my head down I started to let my heaven lull me to sleep but I was forced to stay awake when the classroom door opened and multiple sets of feet entered and took off towards their seats. “Oboro?” The voice of my English partner caused me to lift my head as stare at him with my dull cotton candy colored eyes, “What’s wrong with you?” Kagami asked a frown on his face.

“It’s nothing” I signed dully, “Just sit down and be quiet.”

“No need to be like that” Kagami snapped, his red eyes glaring down at me, “I don’t get why you’re acting so pissy Oboro, it’s not like I did anything to you so don’t take it out on me.”

‘If only you knew…’ I thought sadly, turning my gaze down to my desk and turning my music louder so I couldn’t even hear Mr. Ryo as he was teaching the class.

~~

It was finally lunch time and I went down to the cafeteria and felt my stomach clench. Practically all of the Seirin students were there causing there to be little to no space for people to get through. ‘I guess I’ll have to bring lunch for now on’

Walking outside to Seirin’s courtyard I saw students talking together and eating their lunch happily. As I passed I heard people make comments about me being mute or the fact that I had pink hair and discolored eyes.

“What a freak”

“I doubt any of that is natural”

“He’s being for attention”

“How come he gets out of this just because he can’t speak?!”

“He’s so stupid”

“Idiot”

“Loser’

“Nobody!”

“Why can’t speak you Honey? Are you being bullied?”

‘Leave me alone’

As I tried to ignore the voices in my head I walked straight out the front gates of Seirin and started jogging to clear my foggy head.

~~

I’m not sure how much time had passed since I had left Seirin, but I could feel my calves burning from the amount of strain I had put on them seeing as I only stopped when I was forced to.

Looking around I took notice that I had absolutely no clue where I was. Up ahead I saw that there was a school, presumably a high school but I couldn’t tell right off the bat. Walking closer to the school I saw that its name was Kaijo High.

‘Where the hell did I end up?’ I asked myself in shock as I’ve never seen this school before in my life, ‘I must’ve gotten out of Tokyo…’

As I was about to pass the school so I could ask for directions a voice caught my attention, “Tykicchi!!” whipping around my eyes widened when I saw Kise running towards me a wide smile on his face. As soon as he was in arms reach Kise pulled me forwards and crushed me into a tight hug, “Tykicchi it’s so good to see you!” Kise laughed not even fazed by how sweat and disgusting I looked.

“Kise?” I asked, pulling out my phone so we could talk, “You go to school here?”

“Yeah” The blonde beauty nodded looking down at my smaller form, “Oh I noticed you aren’t wearing your sunglasses!”

“I wasn’t allowed to…” I typed sadly

“Well you look good” Kise ruffled my hair. Looking innocently down at me he suddenly asked, “Tykicchi… Are you mute?”

It shocked me for a moment that Kise suddenly asked that out of nowhere but I nodded my head yes.

“Good I was right then!” Kise giggled to himself which confused me and I guess it was shown on my face because Kise bent over to we were eye to eye and he very sloppily moved his hands in awkward gestures. Watching him for a moment I realized that he was trying to do sign language.

“Kise?” I typed curiosly, “Are you trying to sign?”

“Yeah…” Kise flushed slightly and laughed nervously, “When we first met I thought you might be mute so I thought I should try to learn some sign language.”

“What? Why?” I asked furrowing my brows together, not getting the golden eyed boy’s intentions

“I want to be friend Tykicchi!” Kise shouted like it was the most obvious thing in the world, “I know learning sign language is difficult, but I really want to get to know you and be able to hold a conversation without having you be forced to use your phone. I want to hear you speak for yourself! I mean I kind of got the alphabet down…”

Letting Kise’s words sink in I felt my eyes tear up causing me to bite my lip to keep the salty liquid back, “Why?” I managed to sign slowly so Kise could understand it.

Noticing my grown tears Kise signed back as smoothly as he could, “To be Friends”

I still didn’t get Kise’s reasoning, but it made me happy. Slowly I felt tears cascade down my sweaty face and my lower lip wouldn’t stop trembling

“Tykicchi I didn’t upset you did I?” Kise asked, quickly pulling me into another hug, this time around I hugged back and gripped his uniform jacket tightly feeling my body tremble from the tears. I shook my head rapidly to answer Kise’s question and wished that I had my voice, so I could have told Kise how happy I felt. Sure it was nice having Kagami know sign language, but he wasn’t one who’d wish to speak with me for pleasure. For some reason Kise wanted to learn sign language to he could speak on similar grounds with me. Me of all people and it just made me so happy. Kise in no way shape or form pitied me for being mute. And for that I thank him.

I think it would be nice…

Having a friend who wasn’t there out of pity,

I think that’s be really nice