Chapter 4: Tanya

Chapter 4: Tanya

It was about 4:00 now. Everyone ate lunch. The cake was a big hit, even if half of us didn't even eat anything. Ness opened up a very large pile of presents. I could hardly keep track of all she got, but she seemed enthralled. Emmett and Jasper put on the Sports Channel and most of us hung around the living room. I talked to Charlie a lot about some stuff. Sue was sick and couldn't make it. Charlie and Sue got married two years ago. Alice of course, planned the whole thing. She didn't go overboard like I figured she would, though. It was a nice little wedding.

"So what have you been up to, Ness?" Charlie asked.

"Me and Jacob had a hunting competition yesterday, and I caught the biggest deer." She smiled and Edward, who was sitting on the floor next to me, sat up straighter.

"What she means is they were playing deer hunter on the Wii and she won. Jacob was quite awful at it actually," Edward said.

"What was I awful at?" Jacob said, walking into the room with a bowl of potato chips. Could he not stop eating?

"Deer hunting." Renesmee said. Jacob's face scrunched up in confusion. He looked over at Charlie who was looking a bit confused, too.

"You do remember yesterday, right?" I asked. "When you and Renesmee played deer hunter on the Wii?" He looked confused for a second, then nodded.

"Oh, yeah. I'm great at the game. I won, right?" Edward pinched the bridge of his nose and I shook my head. "Oh, I didn't win. I remember now. Um, I'm going in another room that isn't here." He backed out of the door.

"That was strange," Charlie said. "I still don't want to know. So Ness, what are you doing about school?"

"Grandma Esme teaches me a lot of stuff, and I get to go to real school in January. Grandpa Carlisle says I'm almost done with my fast growing." Charlie looked over at Carlisle, who nodded. He was sitting on the couch next to Esme.

"It's quite true. Her rapid growth has slowed remarkably. I believe it's safe to say she'll be growing a much more average pace from now on."

"Well, I'm glad to hear it." The conversation went on like that for a while. Soon, Charlie stood up. "Well, I guess I should go."

"Do you have to go, Grandpa Charlie? Why can't you stay?" Renesmee asked. She was frowning. Her eyes started to fill up with tears. I could almost hear my heart break into tiny little pieces.

"I have to get back home to Sue, or else I would stay longer. I'll come to visit you soon, though. It won't be as long a wait."

"You promise?"

"Yes, I promise."

"Okay." She scrambled up and gave him a hug. "Good bye."

"Good bye, Renesmee." She let go of him and he nodded at me. "Bye, Bells." He nodded at everyone else. "Thanks for having me over."

"Come back soon," Esme said, smiling. Charlie waved and walked out of the door.

“Don’t worry, Ness,” Carmen said. “We’ll stay longer.”

“Really?” I asked.

Edward gave me a kiss on the forehead. I pouted and he chuckled.

“Of course,” Kate said, smiling. “Probably for a week or so if that’s okay with you.”

“Um, yeah. Esme?”

“Of course.”

“Then it’s settled,” Eleazar said, his arm around Carmen.