Chapter 3: Surprise

Chapter 3: Surprise

"Okay, everyone in the living room," Alice called through the house. That's already where Rose, Esme, and I were. Esme and Carisle had just got back from hunting. Carisle came in and stood next to Esme, followed by Emmett and Jasper. Then Alice came downstairs with Ness blushing behind her. She looked beautiful, Renesmee, not Alice. Ness was wearing a green dress that ruffles to right below her knees with spagetti straps. Her normally uncontrollable bronze hair was piled into a loose bun in the back of her head. She had on a bit of blue eyeshadow and some black mascara, along with some lip gloss. I still don't see how it took hours, but Alice was looking quite proud of herself. I walked over to Ness and gave her a hug. I saw Alice start to protest, but Jasper put a hand on her knee and stopped her from saying anything.

"Happy birthday, Renesmee."

"Thanks, Mom." Emmett came up. Hey was about to lift her up, but Alice gave him the 'mess up her clothes and/or make up and I will rip your arm off' look so he just settled for a highfive.

"Happy bithday, Ness."

"Thanks." She went around and gave everyone hugs. "Where's, Dad?" she asked. I heard him come down the long, winding driveway.

"He's here now." Renesmee and I walked outside. I watched Edward pull up in his silver Volvo. He was driving pretty slowly for Edward. I didn't need to be Jasper to know how irratated he was. I looked down at Ness. She was smiling ear to ear. We walked down the long set of stone steps. Edward got out of the car and went over to the trunk. Charlie got out of the passanger seat. I held Renesmee back from running up to him too fast. She looked up at me apoligetically and looked back down without Charlie noticing.

"Grandpa Charlie!" Renesmee ran over to him (at human speed) and gave him a hug. "I missed you!"

"Hey, Nessie. I mean Renesmee." He looked up at me.

"It's okay. You can call her Nessie. Everyone else does." He laughed and walked over to me. I gave him an awkard hug.

"Hey, Bells. It's nice seeing you again."

"You too, Dad."

He looked at me. "You haven't changed a bit."

"It hasn't been that long."

He paused. "I still don't want to know."

"Thanks, Dad."

"No problem." He looked back at Renesmee.

"Look how big you've gotton. You've got to stop growing." She laughed.

"I can't help it Grandpa Charlie."

"And how old are you to today?"

"I'm five, but Jacob says I'm fifteen."

"Ness," I said.

"I know, I know. I'm not fifteen, I'm only five. Unless someone real official looking comes up and asks me. Then I say I'm fifteen." She smiled at me and winked.

"Renesmee, how about you go inside and see if your Aunt Alice needs any help, okay?"

"Okay, mom." She ran up the stair and went inside."

"I don't want to know," Charlie said, putting his hands up. He walked up the stairs and went inside. Edward ran at vampire speed up to me and grabbed my hand.

"Hello, love," he breathed into my hair.

"Hello, Edward. Were you nice to Charlie?"

"Of course, dear. He is my father-in-law."

"Of course," I repeated "Hey, Edward?"

"Yes, love?"

"Did you know about the Cullen contract?" He laughed.

"So she pulled that one out on you?"

"So, you do know about it."

"Of course. She pulls that thing out all the time. She got us all to sign it one way or another."

"Well, when did I sign it?" He laughed again.

"You were the easiest to trick by far. She just said you needed to sign it for the wedding. You didn't even look at it."

"Oh." He laughed at my expression. "Well, we should get inside." The second the words came out of my mouth, Seth, Embry, and Quil walked out of the woods.

"Hey Bella, Edward." Seth said.

"You guys made it!"

"Of course, Bella." Quil said. "How could we not. Hey, do you have some food? I'm starved." I laughed. Then Jacob came out holding a giant bag of cheetos and a 2 liter of coke.

"Hey, guys. You made it." The guys went inside with Jacob. I laughed and followed them into the house. The guys went into the kitchen while Edward and I went into the living room. Charlie was talking to Renesmee, Alice, Esme, and Carilse. Emmett and Jasper were watching football I think on TV. Then I heard the doorbell ring. Edward smiled.

"I'll get it." He walked out of the living room and towards the door. I followed him. Standing at the door was Carmen, Eleazar, Kate, Garrett, and Tanya. I ran up to them and gave them each a quick hug.

"Hey! I didn't know you guys were coming." Carmen laughed.

"Of course we came, Bella, Why wouldn't we?"

"Mostly we wanted to see, Renesmee," Kate said. Renesmee walked into the hallway. Her face lit up when she saw she Denalis. Kate opened her arms up and Ness ran up to her and gave her a hug. Kate laughed. "Hey, Nessie. You've gotton so big! How long has it been?"

"About four years," I replied.

"Well, that's good. I thought I lost track of time. I do that sometimes.You probably don't remeber me, Ness. We met when you were little."

"Of course I remember you. You're Aunt Kate. That's Aunt Carmen, Aunt Tanya, Uncle Eleazar, and, Um."

"Garrett," he said.

"Oh, Uncle Garrett."

"It's alright if you just call me Garrett." She gave him a confused look. "Or Uncle Garrett if you prefer." She smiled.

"Uncle Garrett's good." I laughed. We walked into the living room.

"Look who I found," I said. Carisle and Esme stood up to greet them.

"Hello, friends," Carilse said. "It's so good to see you."

"As to you, Carisle and family," Eleazar replied.

"I believe you have met Charlie Swan before, Bella's father."

"Ah, yes. We met at the wedding."

"I think I remember you," Charlie said.

"You wouldn't remember me," Garrett said. "My name's Garrett. I'm Kate's, boyfriend." The word didn't sound right in the context at all, but Charlie wouldn't understand. Kate crinkled her nose.

"It's nice to meet you Garrett."

"You too, Mr. Swan."

Kate smiled. "We would've been here earlier today, but we wanted to... eat, before we got here." A few pairs of golden eyes flashed over to Garrett and back. He pretended not to notice. Garrett was newest to the whole vegatarian thing, only a few years. He was perfectly composed, though. I relaxed a bit. We stood there for a few awkward seconds.

"I think lunch is ready," Esme said "I hope your hungry." Seth walked into the living room.

"Did you say lunch Mrs. Cullen? I'm starved."

"You would think no one feeds you on a daily basis. Come on, you can help me, Seth." They walked out of the room.