welcome

Have you ever felt a shock that leaves you breathless and awakens every nerve in your body, well I have. This is what happened when the little guy in my womb kicks in night. Believe me it’s amazing to fell it squirm and do summersaults inside you. Just when you feel it’s safe inside you and you are protecting him, it feels great, amazing even.

This is one of the restless nights where I want to get out of the bed and get some fresh air. So, after I had been jolted up in middle of the night by a soccer player in my womb, I pushed the covers off me and went towards the kitchen.

 As I live in three bedroom apartment, I have kitchen and dining room combined. It’s pretty spacey, courtesy my sweet Dad. We had recently set the baby’s room and I loved it. Dad had been extra cautious towards room and as it’s my first baby, and Dad’s love for babies is a different story. First I thought that the news of me having a baby was overwhelming for him and he is going a little nut, but seeing by his way he treats me has left me confused. I have several times confronted him, demanding ‘what the fudge?’ but he blames it on my hormones, and says I am over thinking. Believe me I am so confused to the way he reacts, that I question who is the pregnant one? It’s was sweet at first but now its supper annoying and I may flip on him.

I opened the fridge and took out some juice and poured it in glass. I sipped it slowly savoring the flavor and sighed, feeling satisfied.  I am just in a very baggy shirt that is tight on my swelled belly and underwear. Bras are no no at the moment. They are too uncomfortable and I have unsettling feeling to tear them apart, which is highly unladylike. My breasts are always tender and always ache. My butt is more round and I have more muscle on my bones. The yoga classes paid off well. I was even told it will help during labor, which I will be grateful of.

I get yucky cravings too. I ate pancakes with pickle and I loved it. Now I think of it I just want to throw up.

Speaking of throwing up, I was told this Moring sickness does not last long. Totally wrong I get it every day. It’s so annoying and messy was getting it again.

I rushed to the toilet and emptied my stomach and laid my head on the cool wall. And panted heavily. It’s getting horrible. Just then I heard the doorbell’s ring. I groaned, sat up and pushed myself up while balancing by clutching the seat.  I pushed open the bathroom door and marched angrily towards the door. That’s when I noticed it’s been an hour I have been in toilet throwing up my guts out.

Who the hell is there in middle of the night! I thought angrily. Blame the hormones; I have pretty bad mood swings. And whoever was at the door will be my victim. But what if it’s a bugler, or a serial killer

That thought made me stop. I looked here and there for something to protect me. I was so terrified and the ringing of doorbell didn’t help. I took a pan from kitchen and marched towards the door taking slow and steady steps. I clutch the door’s knob and stood on my tip of toes to see from the key hole. There was nothing, and then I cursed the fault of the lightings today.

“Who’s there?” I asked in a shaky voice, as I was literally shaking like a leaf and clutched the pan tighter.

“Oh thank God, honey its Daddy! I was terrified and it’s kind of weird I am talking to the door, would u mind opening it?” oh THANK HEAVENS its Dad. I sighed in relief and flung opened the door and smiled at my Dad. I moved forward and hugged me, and then there was a weird sound. It was then I remembered the PAN. While hugging me kind of, may be, and hit him.

“OH GOD I AM SORRY” I shouted and tears sprung in my eyes, and started apologizing and checking his injuries. I reddened from crying and embarrassment.

“Honey! It’s fine. Calm down. I am big MAN; small scratches won’t hurt this muscled guy.” He soothed me, while rubbed my back comfortingly. I calm a bit down and my dad made me sit on the couch and bought a glass of water.