Chapter Nineteen

(Y/n)'s POV

I woke up to the feeling of warmth and comfort. I smiled and moaned. "Edward..." I said. I opened my eyes and only to find out it was a quilt. My mother's quilt. That made me remember what all happened.

I felt my eyes well up but I quickly rubbed my eyes, chocking back my grieving sobs. I look over and see Ariana with her jeans shorts and a cut black shirt. She had toast in one hand and was chewing on something. She looked kinda freaked out.

"Thinking about your little boyfriend? And I mean that literally. He's small as hell." She giggled as she was swallowing her food. "Why are you still here?" I groaned as I threw myself under my mother's quilt. It smells like her.

Suddenly the blankets were thrown over me. Ariana put her face extremely close to mine and examined my face. Her green orbs were looking at me up and down.

"Sorry, boo. But you're stuck with me." She said as she moved away and merrily went to the kitchen to get more food. "W-what!? What the hell? I barely know you! Get the fuck out already!" I yelled. "Nope. I'm staying." Ariana insisted.

"Why? Dude fuck off." I growled. I feel like I've become solid cold stone. I didn't feel like the (Y/n) my mother raised me to be. I feel like a monster. But maybe this is who I'm supposed to be. I'm sorry mom.

"Something about you makes me clingy. I dunno. But I know for a fact that I'm not leaving your side." She walked over to me and sat down. "Meaning I'm going to help you through this. Think of me as some sexy ass Guardian Angel because have you seen me?" She winked with a giggle following.

"I don't need you. I don't need anyone. So leave before you get hu--" She cut me off by stuffing food in my mouth. "Stop talking and start eating." She said.

Edward's POV

I feel like I just lost a part of me. I was so dedicated to protecting and being there for (Y/n). But now that she's gone I can't do the things that I promised myself I would do. Me and Al left Winry at the house with our hearts heavy. But you know, I can't let this get in the way of what was the first thing I promised myself I would do.

Me and Al were given some assignment to do. There was this girl named Ariana that killed her father and she knows of his research that the military wants. The military has been trying to find her since she was 9. "We have a picture of her when someone spotted her about a year ago. You could use that to help with your search." Roy said as he handed me a folder. "I'm going to send Havoc with you for back up. She's a handful. I can tell you that." He added.

"Okay. Thanks Colonel." I said as I stood up. "Fullmetal." I groaned and turned around. "What?" I said. "Don't do anything stupid." He said sternly. I looked at him for a second and rolled my eyes. I walked out with Al following behind me.

We saw Jean coming towards us with a cigarette in his mouth, which didn't surprise us at all. "Alright. You guys ready?" Havoc asked as he puffed out the smoke out of his mouth. "Already?" Al asked. "Yeah. Let's go." He said as he walked off.

Ariana's POV

I left the bathroom to find that (Y/n) was no where to be found. "Oh fuck me." I said as I grabbed my shotgun and my twin pistols and headed out. Where the hell could she possibly be? She couldn't be in town. She would've let me known that she was stepping out unless... "FUCK." I yelled.

I got on the first train to central in hopes that (Y/n) was somewhere in town. Once I sat down, I felt so restricted. There was nothing to do and no one to talk to. What a let down. But I gotta find (Y/n). That girl isn't exactly right in the head.

--A Few Hours Later--

The train came into a complete stop. I know this because once is stopped I fell out of my seat. I can never take a second to sleep! I quickly got off and started running around the whole god damn city!