Chapter Six

Edward's POV

We stood there, frozen. We couldn't see her anywhere but we did hear sobs. The screaming stopped but you could practically feel the pain in the atmosphere. Alphonse turned on the lights and we saw her. We saw (Y/n). She was holding a knife close to her chest. Me and Al ran to her and saw "A HUMAN TRANSMUTATION CIRCLE!" Al yelled.

I looked at it and I couldn't move or speak. "(Y/n)! What did you do!?" Al said. She didn't answer. The knife dropped onto the ground. She put her arms up, ready to transmute. Her tears were falling onto the hard wood ground and she let out a few whimpering sounds.

Right before she could put her hands together, I grabbed both of her arms, preventing her from doing anything. "You are not about to do this. I won't let you." I said looking at her. She kept trying to fight back but she failed. She started crying some more. Alphonse stood in the back, watching all of this happen.

"I miss her... I can't..." She trailed off and passed out. Before she could hit the ground, I caught her. I stared at her for a bit. I didn't know how to feel about this. All of this was too familiar. It was a type of familiar that no one really appreciates. I picked her up and set her on the bed. Alphonse pulled her blanket onto her body.

I quickly walked out and went to our room. I sat on the bed and ran my fingers through my hair. I deeply sighed and pulled my hair a bit. "Brother...?" Al said as he slowly came in. "Damn Envy..." I said. I could almost feel the fire in my eyes. Alphonse stayed silent. "Brother you should get some rest. I'll check on (Y/n) and make sure she's okay." He said as he walked out.

How could I rest? I lied down on the bed and looked up at the ceiling and sighed. I don't know what it is but I feel protective over (Y/n). What is going on? I thought. I couldn't sleep. I felt like something would happen if I closed my eyes.

(Y/n)'s POV

I woke up feeling so weak. My eyes were heavy and my throat was dry. I got up and stepped on something. I lifted my foot up and saw some chalk. I looked over a bit and saw a human transmutation circle. Oh. I thought. I slowly got up, trying not to make anyone notice me.

I walked to the kitchen and poured myself a cup of water. I chugged it and let out a deep sigh. "(Y/n)! Are you okay!?" I heard and turned around. I saw Alphonse. Crap. "I'm fine. Thank you." I said. "Actually. Alphonse can I talk to you...?" I asked, setting my glass down. "Uh... Sure." He said. I walked towards the living room and sat down on the couch. He sat right next to me.

I moved my (h/l) (h/c) hair behind my ear and sighed. "What is it?" Alphonse asked. "I... I think I want to become a state alchemist. I think it could help me become stronger. Plus, I want to give Envy my all when I see him." I said, clenching my fists. "(Y/n)... Think about what you're doing and I don't think you're in the right place to--" I stopped him. "I know that I had a breaking point. But that doesn't mean I'm going to give up. I'm going to at least ATTEMPT to become a state alchemist, whether or not I have your support. Whether or not I have Ed's support..." I said with a sigh.

Alphonse stared at me. He deeply sighed and nodded. "Okay. I'll help you. I think it would good for you." He said. He would be smiling if he had his body. I smiled also. "Thank you." I said. "Um. Can I ask you something also? Something personal?" He asked. I tilted my head, raising an eyebrow. "About?" I said. "Now, if you don't want to answer this I don't mind at all! But um..." He trailed off.

"Spit it out, Al." I said, crossing arms. "What happened... with your mother?" He asked. I slowly put my arms down and took a deep breath. I might as well tell him. "You don't have to tell me if you don't want to!" He said, putting his hands up. "No it's okay." I said, smiling.

"My mom was someone who loved me for so long. She is the only who really loved me. My dad left before I was even born and she was torn apart by that. But she always kept smiling for me. I know I was a brat to her sometimes but she never stopped caring for me. One time I found a picture of my father and she just broke down... I couldn't do anything but hug her. We were there for each other. One day she went grocery shopping but... she never came back. Then someone told me that she was murdered. That someone was Envy. When I was with him, he told me all of this... I just lost it last night. And I'm really sorry." I felt tears fall onto my hands. I shook my head and looked at Al, smiling. "No one has really been there for me since my mom passed away. But I'm used to being alone. So it's fine." I said.

"That's not true." I heard. I looked beside me and I saw Ed. "We care. A whole lot." Al added. I smiled and shook my head, covering my face. I didn't want them to see me blushing. "We'll help you get revenge on that palm tree bastard." Ed said. I removed my hands from my face. I hugged both of the Elric brothers and cried a bit. "Thank you. So much." I said.

Edward's POV

When (Y/n)'s warm body was touching mine, I felt a feeling that I never felt before. I was blushing madly. When she broke the hug, she giggled a bit, covering her eyes. Al was giggling too. He went towards my ear. "You might want to cover up your little...'friend', brother." He whispered. I was confused. I looked down and I saw what he meant. I screamed and ran into the bathroom with my face blood red. I could hear Al and (Y/n) laughing their asses off.

"Haha! VERY FUNNY!" I yelled from the bathroom.

Author's Note:

Sorry if this chapter sucks a whole lot of ass! I hope you guys liked it a bit. I just wanted to apologize for it. Until next time! Love y'all! ♡