The Arabian Desert by FeastOfNoise

In order to protect her daughter and prevent scandal and disgrace, Fadia disguises her only child, Maria, as a boy when Zane, the arrogant, enigmatic and demonically handsome rogue attacks their town and claims it as his after murdering the Sheikh, in search of its riches and treasures after the promising whispers and alluring rumors reached his keen ears. It is no ordinary town, for it lies right on the Silk Route, the route merchants and travellers used to cross the Arabian Desert since ancient times in order to reach Egypt and Europe. Benefiting from its exceptional position, the town grew richer each passing year, and so did its reputation. Famed for its legendary location, treasures and irresistible, beautiful women, travelers and merchants from all over the world sought it out and whispered of its magnificence. Laying new rules, Zane demands that a virgin be given to him every 6 months to serve and pleasure him, the price the town pays for keeping its trade going along with giving over half their profit and earnings. To innocent Maria, it's either stay hidden or risk being caught and taken by Zane, a traitorous demon in her eyes. Fleeing and alerting the Sultan to Zane's crimes is not an option, for the walls that encase the town and act like a giant cage keep them from freedom. But what happens when Maria accidently –and literally- bumps into Zane, revealing dark, long wavy hair and her long-hidden face? The answer is simple: Trouble.

~

So this Zane guy seems like a total douche and tool from the description and yeah he pretty much is. BUT I'M SURE HE WILL GET BETTER. If only the author updated so we could find out... *hint HINT nudge NUDGE* There is a twist I promise you all. (Insert mysterious wink which actually in reality looks like me having an eye spasm but lets not talk about that.)