Pt 7. Pain & Sorrow

Kinisa's P.O.V

When I woke, they had just rebandaged my leg.

“We've tried everything. All we've been able to do is subdue the pain. We need a sample of the poison, so I'm afraid we'll have to use Sakura's method,” I could hear a medic saying.

“That's the method she used on me, right?” I heard Kankuro's voice.

I shifted my head slightly, groaning.

“Lord Kankuro, Lord Kazekage, she is conscious once more,” a different medic said.

“If you don't do something soon, she won't be conscious, or even alive! Hurry up!” Kankuro almost yelled.

“Getting angry won't help, Kankuro,” Gaara said softly.

“We are ready to extract the poison, Lord Kazekage,” one of the medics said.

“Good. You know what to do, as you were there when Sakura extracted the poison from Kankuro. We will help,” Gaara said.

“Ok. I will need her to be held down.”

I felt strong hands on my shoulders, and I opened my eyes slightly. Gaara looked down at me.

“Ok. I'm ready,” the medic said.

“I'm so sorry Kindia,” Gaara said, looking down at me sadly.

Suddenly, I felt cold water touch me, and pain coursed through me. I started to sit up, but Gaara's strong hands held me down.

“That's bad,” a different medic said.

“We will need a lot of the mixture to get all the poison out,” another said.

The water left, but was quickly replaced. I screamed in pain.

I passed out after the third extraction.

***Around half an hour later***

My eyes fluttered open.

Gaara's hands were on my shoulders. My body was stiff and sour, and I blinked in pain.

“I'm sorry, Kindia. We had to do that,” he said softly.

“We have make a proper cure to remove the end of the poison, Lord Kazekage,” a medic said.

“Gaara,” I said, looking up at him, my voice quiet.

“What is it?” he asked.

“Did you find Kala?”

“Yes. I'm sorry that she died,” he sighed.

“The Akatsuki?”

“No. They got away,” he shook his head.

I started hoisting myself up onto one elbow, and Gaara took his hands away.

“Did they say why they wanted you?” Kankuro asked, moving to stand next to the bed.

“They said that they were ordered to bring Kala and I back in one piece, but otherwise, no.”

They looked at each other for a moment.

“What is it?” I asked.

“If they really want you, they may come back,” Gaara said softly. I sighed.

“You mean to say that even though I am back here, I am still in danger if they really want me?” I asked.

“Yeah,” Kankuro sighed.

“Fantastic,” I said sarcastically, lying down again.

“Lord Kazekage, the antidote is ready,” one of the medics said.

“Good,” Gaara said, turning around.

I forced myself to sit up, though it hurt.

A medic handed me a small glass.

“You need to drink all of it,” he said. I nodded, and lifted the glass to my lips.

The liquid burned in my mouth, and I had the urge to stop drinking, but I forced myself to drink all of it.

The medic took the glass from me, and after a moment, I pulled a weird face.

“I'll never volunteer to drink that again,” I said, sticking my tongue out. Gaara chuckled, and sat down next to me.

“How long until she can leave?” Gaara asked.

“She can leave tomorrow, but she won't be able to walk much. Her leg is damaged, and she still has a few fractured ribs,” a medic said.

“Ok,” Gaara said, nodding.

“So what are we going to do about them wanting to come after me? After all, Deidara knows where I live,” I asked him.

“I'll think of something,” he shrugged. I smiled.

***The next day***

I guess I slept in that morning. I opened my eyes.

Slowly, I yawned, stretching my arms. There was a sudden pain in my chest, and I relaxed again, sighing unhappily.

“You still have some fractured ribs, silly,” came Gaara's voice.

“Oh, shut up,” I scoffed, sitting up slowly.

“So, I've arranged for where you are to be staying, and everything is ready. Are you prepared to leave?” he asked, walking up to me from the doorway.

“If you'll help me walk, sure,” I shrugged.

Shakily, I spun around, letting my feet touch the floor lightly.

Gaara stood in front of me, and took my hands, helping me up. I put my right leg on the floor, and a rush of pain went through it.

“Damn,” I said, lifting it off the ground once more.

Quickly, he wrapped his arm around my waist, standing at my right. I put my arm around his shoulders, and he looked at me closely.

“You sure you don't want me to carry you?” he asked cheekily.

“I can cope,” I smiled. He nodded, and we started walking. I limped heavily, and was greatful for Gaara's support.

I paid more attention to not hurting my leg than where we were going, so I did not realise where we were heading.

“Ok, we're here,” he said. I looked up, and started laughing.

“Seriously? I'm staying with you?”

“Is there something wrong with that?” he asked.

“No, I just didn't expect to be staying at your place,” I grinned at him.

“Well, good, because I wanted to surprise you,” he smiled at me lovingly.