6) Fourth Wall

Eric's POV:

I’ve spent most of my dead life constantly running on the idea of revenge. When this very recent opportunity had come to me I jumped on the chance, selfishly, to satisfy my feelings. Recently I had been feeling resentful and lonely due to certain people’s actions, and I didn’t want to deal with it anymore. What could distract me from these feelings?

Revenge.

I agreed to the woman’s desperate plea. Next thing I knew I was keeping tabs on a girl, and I was going to make her life hell. Then I’d be sure to get back at them.

At first I ignored her, because being faced with the situation was different then I had seen it out in my head. Initially, I let her be, but it’s because she wasn’t what I expected. She was beautiful and a much different person I had thought she’d be.

Suddenly I found that I was questioning myself, and the way I felt things out, angrily and revenge ridden. Did the girl deserve what I had planned on doing to her? She wasn’t the one I had issues with so why did I believe that messing with her was going to get me the revenge I was desperately seeking.

Alright, I’ll fess up. Firstly, she did get attacked by vampires in the parking lot. Everything after that was me.

 It was me that sent the girl the note. Yup the one that said ‘we’re watching you’. I told her I would send her a daytime man and led her to believe he had encountered danger on his way to her when I never really called for anyone.

At first it was for the revenge purpose. I wanted to ruin her, so she could feel as terrible as I had been feeling for the past several years. And god, was getting that revenge so enticing.

I watched her squirm and for a while I found it quite entertaining. I had got to her and hopefully I had gotten back at a couple of others in the process. So I kept at it, with the stupid little schemes that she would find life threatening.

What I hadn’t realized was that it was something more that kept it going. Yes, I had planned on the foolish pranks with mean-hearted intentions, but then I found myself enjoying that she’d come to me at the end of the day. She needed my help and I liked that she talked to me and told me she was scared.

I wasn’t using her to fulfill my desire for revenge anymore. Now I needed her to satisfy something else that had been missing from my life. It was something bigger, that I had never acknowledged before. But I’d be dead to her if she found out what I had done.

I had never planned on it going so far. She crumpled to the floor with a blank expression on her face. Her whole body was shaking and there was tears streaming down her cheeks. I picked her up from off the floor and looked at Pam, guiltily. Pam was the only one who knew what I had done to the girl.

And right then we silently agreed to never speak of the things that I had done to cause the girl such harm.