Chapter 1: Meet My Arrogant Prick of a Mate

Start from the beginning

Wolves in the same pack have the ability to communicate through a mind link. Alphas can speak to other Alphas. Mates, when marked, can speak to each other as well. The link reached a ten-mile radius.

The others were patrolling on the other side of the territory. They were too far away to hear me. I knew I should have run so far ahead of them. I was too excited to be out of the house.

I sniffed the air and tried to figure out if he was a rogue. His scent hit me at all once. I stopped sniffing at once. It was a mixture of cinnamon and cloves. It was almost too intoxicating to handle. He had Alpha in his blood mixed with the Hollows line. Tristan.

This was the first time I saw him since I ran away from him at my father's funeral. I watched him as he tried to decide if I was going to attack him.

He slowly walked towards me. I allowed him to get five feet in front of me before I gave him a warning growl. He abruptly stopped moving. That was close enough for me. Any closer and I wouldn't be able to control myself.

We stared into each other's eyes. The wind blew again and his scent caused my mind to go blank. My white fur relaxed down on my back. I felt my body lower itself to the ground. Suddenly I was rolling into submission and presenting him my belly. It was like I had no control over what my wolf was doing. It felt natural, almost like second nature to me.

What was I doing? Had I finally lost my mind? Submitting to anyone, even Tristan, was something I never did. I bowed in respect to Alphas but never submitted.

I tried to calm my racing heart. That was something I never could control around him. I couldn't believe that he was standing in front of me right now. His eyes sparkled in amusement as he watched me.

The black wolf bowed his head to me. He took a step forward and paused. I allowed him to approach me this time. He nudged my head with his nose before giving me a small lick on my nose.

I nuzzled my nose against his before returning the lick. It was bizarre that he was being so affectionate now. I don't think he could control himself either.

Loud growls echoed through the trees. Two big wolves, one amber and one dark brown, burst through the trees and interrupted the moment.

Tristan crawled on top of me and crouched down to hide me. He must have thought they were a threat. But I knew them and they were no threat.

In the midst of losing control with Tristan I forgot that I called out to Logan, the amber wolf. He had been my best friend since we were babies. The dark brown wolf was Jerry. He was Bruce's youngest son and my cousin.

They were both snarling nastily at him and ready to attack. Logan stamped his foot on the ground. It was an order to get off me. He was the patrol leader tonight and in charge.

They didn't realize that it was Alpha Tristan they were dealing with. The dividing line between the two territories was a hundred feet away from us. He was technically on our territory without an invitation and unannounced. But an Alpha must always be treated with respect.

'Thanks for the interruption Logan!'

'Are you okay Ari?'

'Logan, I'm fine. Stand down.'

Tristan growled loudly in his Alpha tone. The two of them stood up as realization hit. They quickly bowed their heads to him in respect. He assessed the threat to me and rolled off. He decided my friends wouldn't cause me any harm.

'Thanks for making us look stupid,' Logan shook his head at me.

'You don't need any help from me in that department. I wanted to see how long it would take you to realize.'