Chapter One

Chapter One

Two Months Later

    Two months into senior year, and I still couldn't wait till the final bell rang. Just because it was senior year, I wasn't going to make the most of it like my mother said I should. I couldn't get out of school faster.

    The minute the final bell rang, I swiped my books off my lab table in chemistry and skipped down the stairs to the front doors of the school. I didn't bother stopping at my locker, seeing as I had to get to work in twenty minutes and it took ten to drive there.

    "What's shakin' babycakes?" Seth asked, as I slid into the passenger seat of his rusted out car.

    I rolled my eyes at his ridiculous nickname and set my book bag on the floor after I kicked a few candy wrappers out of the way. "You really need to clean your car." I said, indicating to the McDonalds wrapper that had taken up a home on Seth's dashboard.

    He reached foreword and flicked it on to the ground. "All clean."

    I clicked my seat belt on, just as Seth pulled out of the turn-around and headed towards the Red Mango frozen yogurt shop where I worked. At a stop light, Seth leaned forward and flicked on the radio that looked as if it had seen it's days. Almost immediately, a loud bass started to vibrate the back speakers on the car.

    "This is complete crap." I muttered, once a rapper came on and started to fast talk some words and using the f word multiple times. I couldn't even understand them, and even if I could I would bet my left arm that what they were saying made no sense.

    Seth reached his right arm foreword, turning the volume knob up and bobbing his head along with the music. His brown hair fell forward into his sapphire eyes that were a lot lighter now that the sun was shining on them.

    "This is not crap." He protested, "It is Machine Gun Kelly. He's my music playlist when I'm studying."

    I rolled my eyes as Seth took a left down the street where I worked. "Which is why you're doing so terrible in your courses. College is hard, and when you don't study properly you won't graduate." I informed him, even though he does go to a community college and can't get kicked out - he'd just never graduate.

    Seth pulled into an empty parking space in front of Red Mango and turned the car off. "You sound like my grandma." He said, flicking my nose with his thumb and index finger. "You're the younger one here."

    I scrunched up my nose, swatting his hands away from my face. "I'm only younger by a year and a few months."

    He rolled his eyes, before unclasping my seat belt. "Same difference. Now get your ass in there before you're late for work."

    I leaned over the center console, embracing Seth in a hug which he gladly returned, before giving my butt a slight pat. I leaned back, my face growing red with embarrassment. Seth rarely did that, but when he did he knew I'd blush because I was basically a virgin in everything - and not by choice.

    He wiggled his eyebrows at me, before turning the keys and his engine choked to life. "I'll see you in five hours honey buns."

    I opened the passenger door, shooting Seth a glare. "Enough with the nicknames."

    "Okay, Satan."

    I slammed his car door in annoyance , which rattled the rusted out window and I swear a few chips of paint fell off the door when I did. I watched as he turned his radio back on, and I could hear the vibration of the bass as I stood in front of Red Mango, procrastinating for a few minutes before I had to go to work.

    To be honest, I'd rather be listening Machine Gun whatever right about now.

    I watched as Seth drove away like a wannabe badass. He sped off towards his house and once his rust bucket of a car was out of sight I walked into work.

~*~

     I let out a blissful sigh the minute my butt hit the soft cushion of my twin bed. I pulled my laptop into my lap, and opened it up. Quickly, I opened a new browser and music rang in my ears as I typed in my familiar username and password.

    Of course, I had a message from Braxton - like I did everyday. As I read the message, I felt my chest heat with warmth as my heart swelled at his compliment.