Prologue

A/N: Elle is pronounced just like the name 'ellie'. And the nickname 'El' is pronounced L.

Prologue

"Can I use your phone?"

Seth took off his hat, setting it on the nightstand beside his bed that he was laying on. He raised an eyebrow at me. "Why?"

"I need to check my email." I said, partially lying. I needed to check my email to see if Braxton had messaged me on Wattpad while I was at school today.

He rolled his eyes, stretching his arms above his head. "Use yours."

I wish I could but I ran it's battery down checking every five seconds to see if Braxton replied, I thought but out loud I said, "It's dead remember?"

He nodded, before digging into his pockets and producing his newest iPhone. He gingerly handed it over to me. "You break it you buy it. Doesn't matter that we're best friends."

I rolled my eyes, snatching his phone. "Thanks, bestie." I said, before sliding the unlock button.

"Passcode is 1111." He said, before sitting up and snatching his hat from his nightstand.

"Of course it is," I said pressing the one button four times. I swear I could hear angels singing when I pressed the internet app and the page started to load.

Once I was in my email, I quickly scanned the newest emails before disappointment set in. Why hadn't he replied? Did I say something wrong?

I ran over the message I sent earlier in my head - describing what I wanted to do with the ending of my book "Place called Home", and asking him how he had gotten so many reads on his stories. I didn't see anything wrong with what I had sent him.

I sighed, signing out of my email and handing Seth his phone back. Seth sat up, twisting his hat backwards so the snapback was now in the front.

"Braxton not replied yet?" Seth asked, his elbows on his knees.

I shook my head, pursing my lips. "No. Do you think I said something wrong?"

Seth shrugged. "Probably not. You know this guy has to have a life other than sitting on that site for twenty-four hours."

I smacked Seth's arm, giving him a scowl. "I know that. I don't expect him too."

Seth leaned back, rolling his sapphire eyes. "I don't know why you like this guy so much anyway. He's just some dude over the internet." Seth expressed, his words bitter.

"That's cause you've never had a real girlfriend. You don't know what it feels like to like someone." I explained, picking at the peach nail polish I had painted on a few days ago.

Seth's facial expression turned from bitter, to guarded. His once bright blue eyes were now darkened, and his mouth pressed into a tight line. In my four years of knowing Seth, I've never seen this look cross his face.

"Don't ever tell me that again. You don't know shit El." Seth spat, before he got up and stormed out of the room.

~*~

Once I got home from Seth's house, I ran straight up to my room. Seth had locked himself in the bathroom, and after about ten minutes and I heard the shower start to run I left without so much as a good-bye.

I pulled my computer chair out from the spot nestled up to my desk and sat down on it. I opened up my laptop and opened a new browser.

Immediately, my homepage Wattpad popped up and I quickly logged in, forgetting all about what had just happened at Seth's house. The familiar inbox icon was next to my username, and I eagerly clicked on it. Low and behold, there was a message from Braxton waiting to be opened.

I clicked on it, anxiously reading the text that was typed for me;

OfficialBraxton_Boy: Hey El! I really think the idea you have for the end of your book is amazing. Loving the plot twist, it'll definitely shock people! I know it shocked me ^_^ Anyways, I'm not sure how I got so many reads. Tbh, I didn't think anyone would read my shit. It's kind of cliche in a way - but hell I'm glad people read it! Can I just say I always look forward to your messages? I wish we could talk more though. xx

I scrolled down, wishing there was more to the message - but there wasn't. Was it possible to crave more time for us to talk like he was?

It all started about six months ago. Braxton had commented on my story telling me I had a great plot and gave me some critiques here and there. Of course, like any other seventeen year old would do, I messaged him with nothing but gratitude. From there on out, we started talking every single day to the point where our inbox is just endless messages from each other.

I knew Seth thought it was silly for me to like a guy that I didn't even know. Heck, I couldn't even prove he was real. But deep down, I was hoping he was - and maybe one day we could meet. Who knows, he might just be some random stage because I'm deprived of a relationship. But, I know for now he's everything I've always wanted in a guy, real or not.

~*~

-Forgive me? :(

Seth: You didn't do anything wrong.

-Then why were you mad at me?

Seth: More like frustrated with you and that asshole.

-Braxton is not an asshole!

Seth: You're blind El.

-How?

Seth: You can't see things that are right in front of you.

~*~

Hello my lovely readers! I know you guys are expecting an update for HWAJAA but I really want to get this story started. I'll try and updated HWAJAA tomorrow, and if I don't you guys can all hate me.

High school has been wearing me down guys. It's still early in the game, but tbh I get a shit load of homework from english honors it's not even funny.

Please be patient with all of my book updates for now. I know I don't update often but when I do I try and make it amazing.

I love you all x

VOTE - COMMENT - SHARE

Please give me some feedback on this prologue? I'd love to know what you guys think! :)