chapter 8

"I don't get it, if he could talk, how come he didn't before?" Darla asked.

"It's because he was beginning to learn every word that everyone around him said." Atticus told them.

"Remember, Dumbo was a baby." Cherry reminded.

"Oh... I guess that makes sense..." Darla shrugged innocently.

"So what happened next?" Amber asked.

"Well, the ringmaster decided to try out the Pachyderm Pyramid that Tmothy told him about, though with Dumbo as the climax the night before..." Cherry explained. "It didn't go as well as planned... You won't believe how hard it was to train those elephants into doing it."

"What, did they stand on top of at the bottom?" Patch asked.

"Let's just find out, shall we?" Cherry replied.

The next day at the circus, the ringmaster arranged the plan to win crowds after the 'mad elephant' scare.

"This plan is fool proof." Atticus smiled.

"Sounds kinda strange if you ask me..." Cherry shrugged.

"Let's just hope this doesn't end in disaster." Atlas said.

"You say that and then it does..." Cherry mumbled, she then went to gather the elephants together. "Prissy!"

"Here!" Prissy waved her trunk.

"Catty?" Cherry called.

"Here!" Catty called back.

"Giddy?" Cherry looked around. "Giddy? ....Giddy!" Suddenly she was blown from water and the water pushed her onto the ground.

Giddy giggled at that.

"She's here." Atticus and Atlas said.

Cherry coughed up the water and wrung her hair. "Note to self: Find a way to get away with elephant murder."

"We'll try to remind you." Atticus said.

Cherry then dried herself off and sorted out the elephants for the ringmaster. And where hopefully, this all would all go according to plan. Cherry was just sure this was going to have a major downfall, but she did as she was told. The ringmaster was eager to see how much money he could make off of this. And where he was now making a whole lot of money out of this.

Once everything was arranged, the ringmaster opened up the circus and the audience came, very anxious and eager to see this 'Pachyderm Pyramid' up close for themselves. And where this act would be a performance none of them would ever forget. The ringmaster introduced the act to the public which annoyed the elephants and they wanted him to get on with it.

"To here him talk, you'd think he was going to do it." Catty scoffed.

"The stuffed shirt." the Matriarch agreed with a snort.

"I give you... The elephants!" the ringmaster finished his introduction and bowed to the crowd. "And to help them perform this act shall be our two strongmen; Atlas and Atticus!" he then added.

"Oh, boy..." Cherry sensed disaster.

The ringmaster blew his whistle and summoned the elephants with his strongmen. Cherry pointed and signaled the elephants to get into their positions. And where the elephants each went to their positions and had a little help with the strongmen.

"Aren't we a bit clumsy?" the Matriarch grumbled to one of her fellow elephants.

Catty was coming next with Atticus and Atlas's help. "Gaining a little weight, aren't you, honey?" she said through straining and struggling.