The Second Encounter

(Leo's POV)

I hopped down from a rooftop. "Well what if I don't want the burden?" I said under my breath. I was still a little bit frustrated with Splinter.

"Do you always talk to yourself?" Karai asked. "Sometimes I'm the only one who'll listen." I said, being honest. "I'll listen... When you beg for your life." Karai said.

Even though it was a threat, I chuckled. We started to engage in battle. "Not bad, but I've seen better." Karai said after a while. "With one sword maybe. Not with two." I said, pulling out my other sword.

The fight resumed. "Jujikin. Interesting." I said, complimenting her form. Bad Leo, bad. No complimenting the enemy! I thought.

"Kotragiri. Predictable." Karai said. I don't know if that's a compliment or not.

(Karai's POV)

Bad Karai, bad. No complimenting(ish) the enemy! I thought. We were still fighting. We hopped onto a fire escape.

"You're Adorable.... Stupid. But Adorable." I said. Really, Karai, really? Again with the compliments? I mentally slapped myself.

"R-really? Y-you think I'm adorable?" Leo asked, somehow becoming cuter than he was before. The fight progressed.

"I don't think you're as good as you pretend to be." I said. "I don't think you're as bad as you pretend to be." Leo said, probably being completely right. I don't even know myself.

"Oh yeah? What part of swinging a sword at your head do you not understand?" I say, not wanting to admit the truth. I trapped Goody-Three-Toes in a headlock with my arm and sword.

"Oh, c'mon. Tell me the Goody-Three-Toes thing doesn't wear thin once in a while." I said. "Better than the alternative." Leo struggled.

"Which is what? To have fun? To cut loose? To live your own life? Stop waiting for people to give you what you want, Leo. Go out there and take it." I said.

Leo growled. "Looks like I touched a nerve." I said, being a Smart-Alec.

"You see that high-rise over there?" I asked, pointing to the Byerly Building. "Yeah" Leo said slowly. "Meet me there at midnight. And... Try not to be late."  I said. Then I left.

(Leo's POV)

Ok. So now she wants me to meet her at the Byerly Building. I wonder what she's planning. It could be suspicious. Looks like I'm not finding my brothers yet.

Maybe I should go tell Master Splinter. No, he'd kill me if I came back without my brothers. I can't tell my brothers. I don't know where they are. The only other person is... April!

I can tell April! I headed over to her place. I knocked on the window. April emerged. She rubbed her eyes and opened the window.

"Can't it wait till morning, Leo?" April asked. "Well, you see, I met this girl..."
April gasped happily. "Tell me Everything!" She said.

"Well, she's really cool-" I started. April nodded and said "Uh-huh" excitedly. "... She's also really fun, and funny." I started again. Another nod. "And... Uh. She's.... In the Foot Clan." I finished.

April grabbed a newspaper, rolled it up, and whacked me across the face with it. "Ugh... Well, what does she want?" April asked, looking exasperated. "She wants me to meet her at the Byerly Building at midnight. She's got something planned..." I trailed off. "Yeah, like pushing you off the Byerly Building!!!" April yelled.

I tried to argue that: "But, April, there's good in her, I know it. She- she's different. She's---" "In the Foot Clan!" April finished, not giving a crap about what I have to say. "Well yeah, but she's---" "In. The. Foot. Clan!" April cut me off... Again. "Ok. Ok. I know I shouldn't trust her, but---" "Yeah, ya know why!?!? CUZ SHE'S IN THE FOOT CLAN!!!!" April bellowed.

Okay. I'm done with that. I don't care. I'm going to see her anyway. I don't know how I know, but I just know there's good in her. I know it.

I walked away from April. If I was only a little annoyed when I left the lair, I'm definitely more than a little annoyed now. Heck, I could probably flip a parked bus onto its side out of frustration.

I kept walking till I got to the Byerly Building. When I got to it, I started climbing up it. Then I got to the top.