The Encounter

(Karai's POV)

It was just a normal patrol of the city for me and my Foot Clan. Then I spotted something- no. Someone. At least... I think it was a someone.

But, why would any normal person be running on the edge of a rooftop, in New York, at night? And why would they wear a stupid turtle costume? Not just a turtle either. It looked like the turtle costume had ninja gear.

It was alone. It leaned on the edge of a box thing, huffed, turned around, and kicked the circular spinny thing that was on top of the box thing. Sorry, I'm still new to New York.

I sent my Foot Soldiers after it. They jumped down and started on the turtle thing. "Foot Soldiers? You guys just made my night." The turtle thing said. Hmmm... This could be interesting.

It pulled out its swords. It started beating my Foot Soldiers. Wow. It's good. It beat all of them without breaking a sweat. Well, now I know that it's the first thing in this city that doesn't bore me.

I decided to jump down myself. I was gonna see how it fought against me. I jumped down and took off my face plate.

"What are you anyway?" I asked, trying to engage in a little small talk first. "W-uh. Well, I'm a Ninja Turtle. And-uh. No. This isn't a costume." The Ninja Turtle said. "Uh. What's your n-name?" I asked, a little guilty that I called him an it. It was obvious he was a male by his voice and his build.

"U-uh. M-my name i-is Hamato Leonardo. But you can call me Leo if you want." He said. Hmmm... Leo. Nice name. "My name's Karai." I said, pulling out my sword as a distraction for my blinding powder.

Leo pulled out his swords too, having put them back already. I slapped the ball of blinding powder on the back of my leg, moved back, and watched. I know, I know. Mean right? Well, I am in the Foot Clan.

(Leo's POV)

Really!?!? She was just talking to me, and then she hit me with blinding powder? Girls make no sense sometimes. Well, I don't know. Karai's kind of cute.

Okay, well now I'm pinned down. Great. I'm never gonna hear the end of this... Unless... I don't tell them. But still. Being pinned down by a girl? You're better than this, Leo.

She let go. Karai held out her hand. I took it and used it to get up. "Uh... Thanks?" I said, a bit confused. "You didn't sound to sure of that." Karai said, chuckling at the end. "Well, I was just confused. First you talk to me. Then you hit me with blinding powder. Then pin me down. And now you're helping me up?" I said.

"Well, yeah. Why not?" She asked. "I don't know, maybe because we're on totally opposite sides here? Don't think I didn't notice." I said. "Doesn't mean I can't help you up." She said.

Karai winked at me. Then she jumped off the building we were on. She was gone.