Thinking

(Karai's POV)

I went back to Shredder's lair. I went straight to my room, since father was asleep already. I took off my patrol gear and put on my pajamas. They were black. All black.

I hopped on my bed and sat there, thinking. I was thinking of Leo. Ya know, he's kind of cute. He's also funny. Adorable. Stupid... But Adorable.

No Karai. You're on opposite sides, remember? You can't fall for the enemy. I mentally slapped myself.

But I couldn't shake the feelings that were inside of me. And the worst part is that I don't have anyone to talk to about this, because if I told them I had a crush on the enemy, they'd kill me. And him. Slowly and painfully.

(Leo's POV)

It was late, and Raph had just ticked me off... Again. He said I was on a 'need to know basis' and that I 'didn't need to know'. I stealthily made my way to my room to think.

Well, I guess it's my fault since I made him leader tonight. I hopped on my bed and sat there, thinking. I was thinking of Karai. Ya know, she's kind of cute. She's also funny. Adorable. Deceptive... But Adorable.

No Leo. You're on opposite sides, remember? You can't fall for the enemy. I mentally slapped myself.

I just can't shake the feelings that are inside of me. And I can't tell anyone, cuz they'd kill me if I told them I had a crush on the enemy. Well, April wouldn't kill me. She might slap me, but that's about it.

I'm gonna go out in the living room to watch Space Heroes. It's my favorite show. I turned the TV on.

It was the episode where Celestia betrayed Captain Ryan. Then Captain Ryan had to zap Celestia. Her boots were all that was left. "At least I have these to remember you by." Captain Ryan said.

"Wow. Relationships are tough." I said. I sighed. I wonder if Karai likes me too.

(Karai's POV)

I had just finished the episode of Space Heroes. It was the one where Celestia betrayed Captain Ryan. Then Captain Ryan had to zap Celestia. Her boots were all that was left.

"Wow. Relationships are tough." I said. I sighed. I wonder if Leo likes Space Heroes too. I wonder if Leo likes me too.

(Leo's POV)

Then Splinter came in. "Where are your brothers, Leonardo?" Splinter asked calmly. "I have no idea, sensei." I said, exasperated.

"What do you mean you have no idea?" Splinter asked deeply. Ok. I've had enough of this. I thought. "I mean, I don't know where they are. I let Raph be leader tonight. He thought he could do it better than me anyway. So I let him."

"It is not your place to give up your leadership." Sensei said. "But... Why not, sensei? I have to make every other decision. And is it too much to ask for a simple thank you?" I asked.

"Being leader is not about recognition. It is about responsibility. And you must be able to carry the burden without wanting recognition. Now, go find your brothers." Sensei said.

"Hai, sensei." I said, a little annoyed. Then I walked out.