Chapter 3

DEREK'S P.O.V

Oh fuck. Fuck fuck fuck! This is bad. This is so bad.

"Derek, come here." I heard James whisper. I turned towards him as I felt the warm wetness of tears spill down my cheeks. He enveloped me in his arms as I tried to fight back my tears. I shoved away from him and dashed down the stairs ignoring his calls for me to come back.

"I can’t James! I have to get home, and fast!" I shouted at him and slipped my shoes back on. I ran out of the door and to my car. I looked back at his door to see him standing there with no shirt on and his pants unbuttoned. God, why does he have to be so sexy? I jumped out of the car, ran up to him and gave him a quick kiss.

"I’ll be fine. Don’t worry so much." He nodded as I ran back to my car and started my drive back to my house. I can’t believe this is happening… why did everything need to go so wrong after going so right?

I pulled into my driveway to see another car parked on the street in front of my house. I felt the first wave of panic rush through me as I reached the front door. I opened it slowly and started quietly toward my living room. I left the door open as for a quick getaway if things started to go bad.

"Hello?" I called out hesitantly as I looked at the couch. My eyes opened wide as I looked at Erikson Gregory, the schools bully. Oh dear lord.

"Uh… Erik… Hey." I said quietly.

"Derek, you’re right on time. I always figured you were a punctual faggot." He said as he stood up slowly. I felt a second wave of panic as he walked toward me.

"Now, Erik… I don’t want to fight…" I said as he stood in front of me. He started chuckling darkly.

"Now now Derek, I don’t want a fight either. I just need you to do something for me. So I can keep your secret you see." He said as he brushed my cheek with the back of his hand. I flinched away from him slightly and he chuckled again.

"Oh, Derek, you’re cute. I’m not gonna hurt you." He said with a smirk on his face. I felt myself shake slightly as I looked at his pocket quickly to see the bulge of what looked like a gun. I now felt the full rush of my panic.

"Erik… I just… What do you want from me?" I asked, trying to get out of this situation quickly.

"Oh, nothing much, I just want you to take it like man." He said softly. I looked at him confused. I felt his fist hit my jaw before I felt the pain of it. I staggered back a few steps and flung my fist at his stomach. He caught it and snapped his fist at my own stomach. I groaned in pain and closed my eyes, which turned out to be a bad idea cause as soon as I did, his fist slammed into my face. I felt the starting of a black eye as I fell backwards onto the floor. I opened my eyes to see him standing over me. He had a large smile on his face as he grabbed my neck and lifted me off the ground.

"Erik… please! I swear, whatever you want me to do; I’ll do it without complaint. Just please leave me alone." I pleaded as he slammed me against a wall.

"Now Derek is that taking it like a man?" he said as he reached in his pocket and pulled out a gun. I whimpered quietly and closed my eyes. I heard faint footsteps as he pulled the trigger, shooting me right in the gut. I screamed out in pain as I fell to the floor. I heard the soft sounds of a scuffle as I blacked out.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

JAMES’ P.O.V

I ran to my room as soon as I heard my phone go off. I looked at it and saw that Derek was calling me. I felt a rush of relief as I picked it up.

"Hello?" I said into the receiver.

"Erik, please! I swear, whatever you want me to do; I’ll do it without complaint. Just please leave me alone."