Calling

Admittedly, working was pretty soothing to Girouette with Juno helping him. She walked patiently behind him, taking notes and making corrections as other operations went around them. Most of the time was spent making sure Vent wasn't slacking off with Sho. She used to help him all the time before she left for an internship to hone her photography skills. Even before that, Giro had saved her from a Maverick raid at a well known theme park. He trusted her, perhaps a bit too much, as he had told her about his operations with the Guardians and his abilities with Model Z. Juno listened to every word, and always knew what to say to him no matter what he felt.

In reality, he created a monster.

"Juno, check off the orders to District Alpha and add an order to Area C."

"Yes sir!"

"Can you also check to see if we have enough supplies to ship out order number 61-9 at eleven this morning?"

"It looks pretty good, but it seems as if we're missing item 53-Xp13453."

Girouette looked at her, in turn she gave back a sweet smile as if nothing were wrong. "Are you sure?" he asked her skeptically. Juno nodded before looking back down at the clipboard.

"It looks as if it's an immediate delivery too." she affirmed. "We might not be able to hold the order off until eleven."

Giro raised an eyebrow at her, taking the clipboard from her to look over the list himself. He then looked back up at the human with a raise of his eyebrow. Juno's genuine and sweet smile was unwavering as she looked back at him.

"We'll need to discuss this order later." Girouette eventually told her sternly. "What's next after that?"

Juno's smile grew wider as she continued down the list.

. . .

At lunchtime, Sho, Vent, and Juno took their lunch break in the kitchen. Sitting at the table and not one of the bars, Vent decided to sit next to Juno with Sho across from them. The three of them were having a rather lively discussion that Vent likely should not have been hearing. During their conversations, Juno's headset started to go off, alerting her to an incoming call. She answered it and gave her typical I'm-at-work-now greeting in a cheerful tone;

"You are presently speaking to Juno Persica, expendable head transporter of Giro Express, how may I transport your needs today?"

"Ah yes Juno, this is Master Albert of the Sage Trinity from Legion Headquarters."

For a moment, the world seemed to stop. "Master Albert?" Juno questioned, earning a look from Sho and Vent.

"Why is Master Albert calling you?" Sho questioned. Juno raised a hand at him to be silent for a moment as the Sage Trinity member continued,

"Yes Juno, it's been some time since I've heard from you last. How have you been?"

"I... have been good." the woman admitted, starting to get a sense of wariness. Sho and Vent continued to look at her, yearning for information. Knowing that they were only going to look at her more intensely as the conversation went on, Juno got up from the table and went toward the dorms.

"How have you been doing?" Juno then asked.

"Fine." came the short answer. Juno was taken slightly aback by such a short answer and paused for a moment. He was being so brief with her, it was nearly mind numbing.

"Do you... need something transported?" she asked.

"Besides yourself to Legion Headquarters, no not particularly."