Chapter 9

I ran as fast as I could. I needed to out run them because I know they are chasing me! When I got home I saw police outside of my home. ' What are they doing here'  I thought to myself. I dashed up to my front door. "Excuse me miss, what are you doing?" the 1st police officer said.

"um, I live here with my mum" I said back to him as I pulled out my keys. "Your mother is dead. Someone came and tried to kill her this afternoon. She was admitted to hospital a few hours ago with a gun shot wound to the chest. Unfortunately she died but before she did. She specifically asked us to wait until you got back from school and take you to live with your cousin Lexie. We are so sorry for your loss!"

"No she cant be dead. She just can't be! I don't want to live with Lexie! All these scars are from her and her friends. She did this to me and I can't live with her now! I trusted her and her friends! But they started attacking me!" I shouted this tears steaming down my face.

" We are sorry ma'am but there is nothing we can do. It's your mothers dying wishes." the 2nd police officer said.

~le time skip~

Now I've packed everything I need. The police will escort me to Lexie's house just incase the person who  killed  my mum  try and kill me!

I still can't believe that she's gone! Now I have to live with one of my bullies yay! Note the sarcasm.

Well we're now here! The first police office knocked on the door whilst the second was standing beside me. Finally Aunt Cathy opened the door with tear stains down her face. "Hello officers I've just heard what happened to my sister and I am more than happy to take (Y/N) in to live here!" my Aunt said enthusiastically.

I was shown to my room but I didn't come out for a while. I unpacked everything and started to record a song.

   ^Play this song now^

Say something, I'm giving up on you

I'll be the one if you want me to

Anywhere I would've followed you

Say something, I'm giving up on you

And I... am feeling so small

It was over my head

I know nothing at all

And I... will stumble and fall

I'm still learning to love

Just starting to crawl

Say something, I'm giving up on you

I'm sorry that I couldn't get to you

Anywhere I would've followed you

Say something, I'm giving up on you

And I... will swallow my pride

You're the one that I love

And I'm saying goodbye

Say something, I'm giving up on you

And I'm sorry that I couldn't get to you

And anywhere I would've followed you (Oh-Ooh)

Say something, I'm giving up on you

Say something...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

~Lexie's POV~

I heard that my Aunt died today. It's such a shame what happened to her. Apparently my cousin is staying here from now on which is excellent! I get to see her more often! I heard some singing coming from her room It was beautiful. I guess its about her mum. When (Y/N) finished singing, I heard soft whimpers coming from her room. I ran out of my room to see I she was alright. I was about to knock when she started speaking. "Why did Lexie do this. Did she tell Lucy and the others to hate me. Why would she do that!"

I couldn't stand to hear anymore. I barged into her room and hugged her. " (Y/N) I didn't ask them to hate you I never did. I was off school today due to a music exam." I told her trying to calm her down. "Lexie you don't understand! Look what they did to me!" She lifted up her shirt and showed me the bruises on her chest. "I'm so sorry (Y/N), I wasn't there to stop all of this. I'm a horrible cousin" I cried.

"No you're not a horrible cousin. You're the perfect sister!"