scene 9: the Creed of December

He found himself on a hospital wing. The sun runs through the green drapings; his mom was sleeping by his side. He budged her and she woke up sending her to tears as she had witnessed her precious son awaken.

As he gazed in the mirror he can't help but to notice the changes in his face: eyes buried deep in his sagged face worn by the pot he administered to himself and a significant amount of hair groomed his face.

"How long had I been here?" He inquired to his mom now relieved.

"Three months." His mom replied who started to get emotional once more.

"Three months, the same time Gabby and I had in my dream. Just enough for me to correct everything" He murmured.

After his first meal, he asked his mom for a piece of paper and a pen. With all his might, he tried to remember the poem written by Gabby and wrote in reply:

The Creed of December

Oh dear forlorn destiny of cancer

Whose love for me may have turned bitter

Thy sweetness calm the storm of my season

And thy warmth melts my rinks back to rivers

How lucky I am to be on your light

That for once the sands of my life dropped for our love divine

And shared both moments of sincerest blight

Eternal I wished with all my might

But it can't be helped for those eyes have tired

Naiveté held how I felt inside

And to save my pride I've exchanged you to

and those smiles have crumpled into what's unsure

for of love and pleasure we commit us to.

Of gratis and forgiveness I did long to say,

Though I want to stand the eternal flame

Forgive my ego I did not proclaim

But no matter how much lies came through

You knew the things, few but sincerely true.

I did love you.

"I want to visit Gabby mom."

"Speaking about Gabby" - his mom was saying that he cut.

"Yes, there's a lot you did not know between Gab and I." He added.

"Yes, but you don't have to." His mom said.

"I just want to see the grave and say my farewell appropriately"

"What are you talking about?" his mom said confused. - "Gab comes here every afternoon since you had been confined."

Mar's eyes widened.

"No, is this another dream? I, I, I don't know what to believe anymore!" -as his body started shaking, keeping himself from letting go his tears again. His mom hugged him to calm down.

"Hey, you're tired. Gab will come. You need to rest; the medications might still be wearing your mind out."

A knock on the door then followed. His friend entered the room. Mar cannot believe the entity in his very front.

"Gabrielle" Mar uttered- He directly jumped off the hospital bed towards Gabby- tightly hugging his visitor.

"I'm sorry Gab, I'll stand by you from now on. Please don't leave me again. Please." He begged.

Gabby started crying. "You and your pot are nuts... I'll never do that, stupid. I love you." He whispered.

fin...