scene 5: The First Toll (a confession)

“Let’s go back to the common room.” Mar insisted.

“I don’t feel comfortable with Neil and Erin. I feel like you’re hiding something from me.” Gabby confessed.

“You got nothing to worry.” Mar attested.

“Maybe you should just go with them.” As Gabby pushed Mar off the boardroom.

“Are you sure?” Mar questioned the sarcasm in Gabby’s gesture receiving a faint smile and a nod.

Mar went off with Neil and Erin to the common room where they talked about nonetheless, the face that was missing at the team then, Gabby.

“I think we should start telling Gab the truth.” Erin discussed.

“I think I need to.” Mar confirmed.

“Tomorrow, at the convention, we’ll tell Gabby everything.”

Then came tomorrow- At the convention, Gabby made an excuse to leave the group. After learning about everything; how each one of the team conspired to extract their secret relationship from Mar himself, and spilled it to a few more population, Gabby can’t help but despise them.

“Who gave you the right to toy me around?” Gabby stressed to Mar as another stick passed out while sitting on a corner. Mar remained to be silent.

“I thought you cared. Is that how you treat a friend? You did not even bother to tell me immediately that they know these things we have; acting like everything is just the same when it is not. And the fact that you weren’t responding to my messages on that day I knew you were up to something! But did I care? You told me that I have nothing to worry about and I believed you. You’re destroying me! But don’t worry, ‘cause now I’m torn.” - As Gabby tore a sheet of paper away.

“Can you see this? This is me now, and thanks for everything.” 

Mar held Gabby’s hands as unstopping tears flooded.

“I’m sorry”

“All I did was to care for you.” Gabby said desperately.

“I know.”

“Why?”