History Can Be Revealing

Chapter 3

Back at my aunts I was resting, I had three weeks to wait to be able to get up walk around and possibly run. I knew exactly what I was going to do in those three weeks, I'm going to look into the scream I heard and the figure I saw. It would be hard but I figured I'm smart enough to figure out how I'll find out this information.

When my aunt got home I asked once again what the scream was.

"It was nothing really sweetheart," she slurred, avoiding my question again.

"If it was nothing you would tell me," I reminded her with a innocent look on my face.

She looked at me worriedly trying to avoid looking guiltier than she looked at this point. "I know, I'm sorry," she looked and sounded disappointed when saying so. "Okay so here's the truth, are you sure you want to hear about this..?" I nodded my head yes. "Well you better get comfortable then." She said reassuringly.

"It all started about ten years ago. This new family moved into that house that you heard that screeching terror of a sound from. When the family moved in they seemed a super amount of unnaturally nice. The mom was a work at home mom, and when the father was fired things started to break apart. You could hear yelling from inside even your own home! Everyone in the rest of the neighborhood was terrified, we would all get together and talk about things we would hear. Then finally after a month after the father was fired, the mother and father of the children were fighting and arguing worse than anytime before. People came out of their houses and stood on the curb socializing about what was happening." She spoke nervously and I thought I could see her shaking slightly.

"Then what happened?" I murmured under my breath in awe.

"The most unspeakable thing happened next," she paused then went on slowly, "a shriek, just like the one you heard, emitted from the home. Only this screech sounded like it was from a demon from hell! Everyone was frantic they were shocked and jaws dropped they looked at each other. Then a couple seconds later two gunshots escaped into the cool winter air..." She took a deep breath in and out her heart was beating quickly. I saw a tear roll down her left cheek.

"We called the cops and when they arrived we told them everything, they went into the house and came out just a couple minutes with disgustedly unpleased faces. They then asked if we knew the family. When we had said yes they took off their hats and said they were sorry to say but two twin children, and the mother were found lying in puddles of blood. The father was no where to be found, and he was the number one suspect. People suspect that the mother was stabbed to death, and the twins came running into the room responding to the mothers screams, the children saw their father holding bloody scissors in his hand they were petrified. The father, in panic of what he did, grabbed a gun out of a drawer behind him and before the twins could plead and grovel he shot them both."